View Poll Results: would you be interested/willing to contribute significantly

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • i'm interested, but not sure if i could contribute

9 39.13%
  • i'm interested, and could contribute ingame-art

11 47.83%
  • i'm interested and could contribute coding and/or scripting and/or other game-logic

1 4.35%
  • i'm interested and can contribute in both game-art and coding

1 4.35%
  • i'm interested and willing to contribute concept-art

1 4.35%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Modacity Community Project

Re: Modacity Community Project

that's bodzilla's doc.
    to me, that thing's purpose was just to get some ideas going, and think about what kind of restrictions a project like this would have to adhere to
    you might have noticed how it's only like 2 or 3 pages of ranting and nothing close to a design doc.
    the fact you're making assumptions on a 3-page rant-document feels silly.
    i don't see why you're making such a fuss about this.
    i've clearly stated what my intentions are, and that's as simple as it is.
    i'm not planning some super secret behing-the-scenes-takeover where i get to steal people's time and get them to make stuff for free for my personal gain.

you're looking too deeply into what this thread is (for) it was just a probe to see how many people might be interested.

if only 4 people were to say 'i MIGHT be interested' it ends there, as it is now, there's about 10 peple that 'might' be interested, which is a different story all together.
    there's no point in going head first into HURR LETS MAKE A GAME Y'ALL

i'll say it again, the reason behind this, is just a fun experiment, to see if we can come together, and make something worth playing, in an open-source-type environment, have fun making some stuff, and maybe come out with a game worth playing in the end.
    i know a whole bunch of people here would love the opportunity to make an actual game, and another bunch of people can definately use whatever comes out of it as something on their resume/portfolio.

is that enough to appease your inner whiner?
    Last edited by neuro; July 10th, 2012 at 02:04 AM.
    gallery-smellery!
    tutorial-brutorial!

Quake was a game where a guy jumped over your head at 30mph, spun, put 3 rockets in your grill and landed without slowing down and no one called "aim bot!" at it."

stalker!!!!call the police...w8...i hate the police.
    kid908 is on a distinguished road

Depending on the time where development occurs, I could model some hard surface objects and/or concept design (depending on the style; some styles I have trouble working with).

I think I can contribute atleast a gun model or some static environment prop.

Too bad I've got the skills of a deflated beach ball

Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute

Anything ever happen with this?
    "I don't know wtf I'm doing. Zbrush UI is like looking into the matrix."
    Lumoria - Youtube - Portfolio

not yet
    gallery-smellery!
    tutorial-brutorial!

Quake was a game where a guy jumped over your head at 30mph, spun, put 3 rockets in your grill and landed without slowing down and no one called "aim bot!" at it."

Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute

Any plans to actually attmept to do something then?
    "I don't know wtf I'm doing. Zbrush UI is like looking into the matrix."
    Lumoria - Youtube - Portfolio

not right now.

i'd like to wait for the cmt-crew to finish the current work in progress, the silent cartographer, and hopefully not interfere with people's schedules.
    until then, i'm still organising some thoughts and ideas about what should be kept in mind with this stuff, do's and don't-s and the like.

i suppose i can start making a few voting-threads for what/how people want to make something.
    gallery-smellery!
    tutorial-brutorial!

Sounds like a plan to me.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information