+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How do I disable the flashing?

How do I disable the flashing?

Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you know how to disable the flashing that appears when you are being shot, specifically with a pistol. I think it may be causing me seizures as every time I get hit rapidly by a pistol and the flashing happens, I tend to get very light headed.

I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me how to get rid of it for both Halo Custom Edition and Halo Combat evolved.

Thanks,

Re: How do I disable the flashing?

lol what? you mean the whitish flashh ?

rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute

The screen flash upon being hit.

It's a damage effect. To remove it in Halo PC you need to mod each and every map as damage effects are stored within them rather than a common file. For CE... I have no idea.
    sometimes bad posters say stupid things and i put them in here

Quote Originally Posted by supersniper View Post
    lol what? you mean the whitish flashh ?
    Yeah, the whitish flash

Quote Originally Posted by rossmum View Post
    The screen flash upon being hit.

It's a damage effect. To remove it in Halo PC you need to mod each and every map as damage effects are stored within them rather than a common file. For CE... I have no idea.
    Could you please explain how I can do this? I'm fine with modding each and every map. I only have very little knowledge of HMT, the only actual modding I've done with it is remove the background ambient sounds and teleport sounds for all the maps.

rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, fuck. It's been a long time since I touched Halo PC modding.

I'm going to assume you are capable of finding/installing Halo Map Tools 3.5 yourself (primarily because I don't even know if it's hosted anywhere these days). There may be something newer but I wouldn't know, the last time I modded HPC was about 5 years ago. Open the actual level maps, not bitmaps.map, sounds.map or ui.map, and find something that should be either listed as 'damage' or 'damage effect' in the left tab. Scroll through each one until you find the part marked 'screen flash' and disable it (can't remember if it's got a checkbox or only lists the numerical parameters, sorry). Save the map when done, repeat with the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by rossmum View Post
    Ah, fuck. It's been a long time since I touched Halo PC modding.

I'm going to assume you are capable of finding/installing Halo Map Tools 3.5 yourself (primarily because I don't even know if it's hosted anywhere these days). There may be something newer but I wouldn't know, the last time I modded HPC was about 5 years ago. Open the actual level maps, not bitmaps.map, sounds.map or ui.map, and find something that should be either listed as 'damage' or 'damage effect' in the left tab. Scroll through each one until you find the part marked 'screen flash' and disable it (can't remember if it's got a checkbox or only lists the numerical parameters, sorry). Save the map when done, repeat with the rest.
    I found 2 things in the map one was called Damage and the other was called Effect but neither of them had anything I could relate to screen flashing

Just browse through the tags, I know for certain one of them had it. Try the projectiles, see if that's where it is.

Went through every single one, and disabled anything with the word flash in it, i did get a few exception datas but eventually fixed them but the white flash still didn't go away.

Fuck, that's me out of ideas.

I remember it's definitely a thing, as on several occasions I actually modified them to change colour/duration/opacity/what have you, and there was even neat stuff like an 'invert' flash that would invert all the colours onscreen for a moment. I just can't for the life of me remember what tag it was under, and what values need changing. Some of the CE guys may know, from my occasional HEK adventures I recall that the tag structure for that specific thing was essentially identical to HPC's.

Damn Thanks for the help thou! I think you gave me a push in the right direction, I will continue to play around with it and see if I can eventually get it.

Can anybody else possibly help me out?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information