+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: dayZ

neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of

dayZ

anyone playing?

anyone waiting for a steamsale on ArmA?
    i'm finally getting half-decent at surviving more than an hour in this game now, and i'd like a few people to team up with possibly :V
    gallery-smellery!
    tutorial-brutorial!

Quake was a game where a guy jumped over your head at 30mph, spun, put 3 rockets in your grill and landed without slowing down and no one called "aim bot!" at it."

Re: dayZ

I play it occasionally when I have some free time which is limited these days

You have diabetes and can't eat a cup cake.

I've been thinking about getting it, but I've heard it's pretty buggy.

The engine it runs on sucks. But it's fun once you get used to it's clunkyness. Took me ages to figure out how to pick up a backpack right.

When I get time to play I do, it's not really a "I'll play for 20 minutes" game. But I love it, been playin it for a few months now. Most fun and dynamic experience I've had with a game in a long time. I'm excited to see what they do with it for Arma III

Quote Originally Posted by chrisk123999 View Post
    The engine it runs on sucks. But it's fun once you get used to it's clunkyness. Took me ages to figure out how to pick up a backpack right.
    The ARMA II engine is clunky, but it's the only engine so far that provides functionality that the mod requires. That and because the creator is a Bohemia dev hahaaha. ARMA III engine looks so pretty and Rocket said he's already ported much of the mod to it for testing. I'm guessing that eventually the game will be put out as standalone in the ARMA III engine within the next three years.

I was waiting for the Steam sale to get Operation Arrowhead for $10 or less but I couldn't wait that long so I got it for $15 from Bohemia's Summer Sale, which is still on. Doesn't really make much sense to buy it from there since the Steam Summer Sale starts on Thursday.

I run a subreddit called /r/RedditRescueForce and we got mentioned in PC Gamer's article today:

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Kelly
    Elsewhere on Reddit, a special subreddit has been set up called the
    Reddit Rescue Force
    . “Sometimes when you are trying to survive in Chernarus you need a helping hand.” reads the description alongside posts from stranded or injured survivors:“TWO PEOPLE both with BROKEN LEGS in DOLINA WAREHOUSE!”,“Broken leg and low blood in the market of Zelenogorsk!”,“In need of morphine in Dolina!” It’s always nice to be reminded that not everyone in DayZ is a ruthless bastard.
    Source (last paragraph before the videos)

i only just recently heard of this game on here, and since then, ive seen it pop up all over the youtube channels i frequent. im really interested in this game. it kinda looks like if the stalker games had a multiplayer mode. i feel like my friend and i would have an awesome time sitting down and putting a few hours into this.

but for anyone whos played it, how buggy and fucked up is it really? and how similar is it to stalker? is there anything game breaking?
    Playing BC2 again. I'll take shitty hit registration due to Brazillian lag over built in shitty hit reg.

It's only alpha stage so it has its fair share of bugs, but nothing gamebreaking, I don't think. Most of the bugs are due to quirks in the game engine. The most notable bugs in my opinion are:

1. If you have a full pack and add an item/weapon that takes up more slots than are available, the item is gone forever.
    2. If you change your skin using the current patch you lose the skin plus your entire inventory (I'd call that game-breaking if it wasn't going to get patched out soon).
    3. Zombies are still fucking clipping through buildings. WTF.

The Zombies aren't the highlight of the game, though. It's the interaction with other players (and I don't just mean PvP).

neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of

to be honest, the game itself isn't THAT buggy.

when you're in the game, it mostly works properly.
    zombies flip out now and then, but that's nothing to even worry about when you see it happening
    it's the learning curve you should be more worried about.
    also the fact that f a server drops connection, it doesn't save ANYTHING.

so you may have an AMAZING RUN, but if you get dropped, you get nothing, and you end up right where you started your run before.
    Last edited by neuro; July 11th, 2012 at 12:49 AM.
    gallery-smellery!
    tutorial-brutorial!

Quake was a game where a guy jumped over your head at 30mph, spun, put 3 rockets in your grill and landed without slowing down and no one called "aim bot!" at it."

the game is fine and not buggy at all.
    the database driven method to synch everything is the single point of failure for all problems.
    if this ever gets to a point to where servers house unique db solutions (ala minecraft [oh god imagine one giant minecraft world where everyone lives together]) then you'll really see some cool stuff start to happen.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information