+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Steam Sales 2012

Re: Steam summer sale 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Kornman00 View Post
    SimCity 4 won T_T
    I'm pretty surprised by that, but hey, as long as Anno didn't win.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeKup View Post
    I tried buying call of pripyat cause it was cheaper, but it wouldn't let me because I didnt have clear skies.
    I never played Clear Skies and I was able to play CoP perfectly fine. :o

Skyrim: $30.91

Total: $56.88 CAD

Posts, posts EVERYWHERE! Warsaw's Avatar
    Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute

I tried buying call of pripyat cause it was cheaper, but it wouldn't let me because I didnt have clear skies.
    wat. CoP is stand-alone. They don't even use the same version of the X-Ray engine. This makes no sense.

TeeKup: I don't much care for men crawling in the mud
    TeeKup: id rather them be crawling in my bed

Blog Entries
    Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute

I was hoping Puzzle Agent 2 would win :\

Blog Entries
    TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute

Fallout New Vegas is 75% off at 4.99. If you haven't played it I recommend getting it. I loved everything about New Vegas and the DLC was amazing.

Fallout New Vegas is 75% off at 4.99. If you haven't played it I recommend getting it. I loved everything about New Vegas and the DLC was amazing.
    Adding on to that, the Ultimate Edition (which is contains all DLC and Add-Ons) is only $5 more for $9.99. You save about ten dollars worth of add-ons (in the Steam Summer Sale, more if you miss buying the Ultimate Edition now) and DLC. New Vegas is a real good game, but be prepared for looking through forums for ways to optimize it.

"We also tried switching back, but they say we're using too many resources. Fuck them."

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron View Post
    If I were to buy just one of the STALKER games, which one should I get? Would I miss out on plot stuff if I just skipped the first 2?
    no. the games seem kind of mutually exclusive, story wise. actually, clear sky is set as a prequel to shadow of chernobyl. i havent played call of pripiyat yet, but so far clear sky has been an improvement over shadow of chernobyl. lots of cool little new things added. id play them in order, so you can experience the upgrades between SoC and clear sky, otherwise SoC might be a real bitch to play for you.

do not attempt to max it out though, lol. the game is horribly optimized, and ends up being more resource intensive than battlefield 3 when you max it out, despite making zero visual difference. case in point: god rays.
    Playing BC2 again. I'll take shitty hit registration due to Brazillian lag over built in shitty hit reg.

Posts, posts EVERYWHERE! Warsaw's Avatar
    Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute

Call of Pripyat is the most refined experience in the series, so if you want just one, get that one. It's also the prettiest.

As for being horribly optimized, it's not that bad. I could max it out at 1280x1024 (no AA though) with a Radeon HD5770 and still get 30-50 fps just fine. The light shafts, aka "god rays" appear only under the right conditions, same as real life. Check it out at sunset or sunrise by peering through the branches of a tree and strafing left and right. Lightning also casts them. It really does add something to the game's fantastic atmosphere.

TeeKup: I don't much care for men crawling in the mud
    TeeKup: id rather them be crawling in my bed

been a stalker fan for years, never bothered to get CoP though

got it now

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information