+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Steam Sales 2012

Re: Steam summer sale 2012

agreed, even though uPlay is now not as awful as the original always-online incarnation, there is no reason to defend its existence. Steam already serves the intended purpose (online activation, locking the game to one account) so uPlay is just not needed at all. Sure it's far less of a nightmare than securom etc but that's saying a handful of shit is less gross than a mountain of shit. Less gross doesn't mean not gross.

anyway, I just checked my transaction history on Steam, then checked my account on this website:

http://www.steamcalculator.com/

Since 2009 I've spent a bit under $500 on Steam games, and that includes the odd $50 pre-order every now and then. The steamcalculator website shows my account would be worth over $3,500 if I'd bought every game at the current full price (as of 2012, not the price when the game released - so I'm estimating closer to $4,000 if the release-date price is used).

Hurray for Steam sales!
    Last edited by Mr Buckshot; July 25th, 2012 at 12:49 PM.
    mini ITX build: core i5 2320, 8 GB RAM, Geforce GTX560 Ti

What? Are you DENSE? Are you RETARDED or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn BATMAN.

Blog Entries
    Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, why does everything cost so much now ? Everything cost less than 5 dorra last week...

demand remained, supply decreas..no wait

Blog Entries
    Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute

You guys do realize that uPlay isn't technically the DRM platform. It's just a content distribution system. The DRM is wholey its own thing on a game-by-game/case-by-case basis.

Also, the Steam servers themselves were barely able to distribute games during the Summer Sale. Why not point that out as well?
    Last edited by Cortexian; July 27th, 2012 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cortexian View Post
    You guys do realize that uPlay isn't technically the DRM platform. It's just a content distribution system. The DRM is wholey its own thing on a game-by-game/case-by-case basis.

Also, the Steam servers themselves were barely able to distribute games during the Summer Sale. Why not point that out as well?
    Because you were still able to play the games you'd already installed, maybe in offline mode.

What people are complaining about is that they'd bought uPlay games from Steam, installed them, then ended up unable to play due to requiring a completely unneeded authentication from uPlay.

It is completely different from being unable to install games during the heavy load - that tends to be expected with any kind of downloading service. It's more like inserting a disc into your console to find that it's unplayable.
    Last edited by Mr Buckshot; July 27th, 2012 at 10:52 PM.
    mini ITX build: core i5 2320, 8 GB RAM, Geforce GTX560 Ti

What? Are you DENSE? Are you RETARDED or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn BATMAN.

Never had any problems installing any games off Steam during the sale, including massive ones like Just Cause 2.

I think Metroid is a pretty cool guy, eh finds missiles and doesn't afraid of anything.

Blog Entries

Same

I've had issues with Ubihard games though, so majority rules: the world does not revolve around freelancer.

If you have problems downloading massive games during sales then just switch your download region.

I usually have problems when I'm at home, but when I go to college things are a good bit quicker. It really depends on your Router/Modem/Connection speed rather than your region (considering how traffic intensive college is versus home).

"We also tried switching back, but they say we're using too many resources. Fuck them."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information