+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: A thread with a difference: 'THE HORRORS OF WAR' in mainstream gaming

Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute

Re: A thread with a difference: 'THE HORRORS OF WAR' in mainstream gaming

"I don't know wtf I'm doing. Zbrush UI is like looking into the matrix."
    Lumoria - Youtube - Portfolio

Posts, posts EVERYWHERE! Warsaw's Avatar
    Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute

Hahaha, I saw that the other day, too. Keep charging $60 for veritable crap, and this is what happens.

TeeKup: I don't much care for men crawling in the mud
    TeeKup: id rather them be crawling in my bed

back in my day gaming meant something

i havn't actually bought a game since deus ex human revolution, and i used to be on the look out for deals, but i barely loaded the steam sales page this year.

it's all the same shit with a different smell.
    We need ego raptor to do a sequelitis on gaming as a whole.
    found some old assets of mine from 8 years ago lmao

Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute

I'm also sick of this focus on multiplayer gaming. Played one multiplayer game, played them all. RTSes will be RTSes. MMORPGs are the same cookie-cutter BS. Shooters are all some flavour combination of Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, and Domination.

I'm much more interested in playing a single-player or co-operative game set in a well-crafted world with solid mechanics that not only play well, but also help tell the tale or flesh out said world. No more of this competitive shit, please.

Saw this coming a long time ago, and honestly I think Gabe was right. People are tired of paying 60 dollars for games that turn out to be shit. I got burned out on it after buying MW2 and Blops which both sucked. Smaller, lower priced releases are probably going to be the way of the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Warsaw View Post
    I'm also sick of this focus on multiplayer gaming. Played one multiplayer game, played them all.
    I dunno, my favorite multiplayer game is pretty wildly different from anything else on the market. Multiplayer games can be different, it's just that everyone now wants to follow the CoD model.

This video is unable to be displayed because the YouTube video tags were used incorrectly. Please review proper use of the tags here.

Repostin dis for the third time, since it's more relevant than ever.
    Last edited by Pooky; July 29th, 2012 at 05:38 AM.

I think Metroid is a pretty cool guy, eh finds missiles and doesn't afraid of anything.

rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sick of MP at all. SP games are nice and I do enjoy a story, but even games like Stalker can only be played a certain amount before they get tiresome. In MP, you are (or rather, should be) guaranteed new experiences all the while.

The problem isn't a MP focus - the problem is the same MP focus.
    sometimes bad posters say stupid things and i put them in here

Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
    I dunno, my favorite multiplayer game is pretty wildly different from anything else on the market. Multiplayer games can be different, it's just that everyone now wants to follow the CoD model.
    I was being very general, there are always exceptions.

Is it just too much to ask that a big budget game NOT be centered around its competitive multiplayer for once? And is it also too much to ask that a big-budget game also not be a general pile of shit?

Bitchin' Sitar Solos nuttyyayap's Avatar
    nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of

You may already know this, but, while the budget may be big, most of it is going to art, as graphics have "improved" so fucking much that they need to spend the majority of the budget on it. It fucking sucks but hey, what can you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by neuro View Post
    butts
    Quote Originally Posted by Siliconmaster View Post
    Butts.

Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute

also for mainstream gaming, graphics and explosions = $$
    "I don't know wtf I'm doing. Zbrush UI is like looking into the matrix."
    Lumoria - Youtube - Portfolio

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information