+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises? Where are you Modacity?

The Dark Knight Rises? Where are you Modacity?

Lol? I thought this topic would be in the top of this forum this week. Did you guys watch it? Got any comments about the Aurora shooting?

Fucking loved it... Don't listen to the haters, critics, plot-hole nazis, nostalgiatards, anti-mainstream movie critics, etc. Watch the movie. Judge it for yourself. You know you'll watch it; it's the goddamn Batman. Just do it (I'll be surprised if you haven't attended the midnight premiere or the weekend following it).

Casting was perfect. Whatever perception you had about Tom Hardy or Anne Hatheway not being worthy actors for their roles, forget it. Everybody plays it flawlessly: Hardy, Hatheway, Caine, Oldman, JG Levitt, Cotillard, and especially Bale. Don't forget this movie is about Batman; everyone else is secondary. Bale owns his role here.

Starts a little slow, if you can call it that, and the movie is long... Like Lord of the Rings: ROTK long (2.44 hours), but it builds to a sensational climax. Conclusion is a satisfying end. I'm sad to see this trilogy end. Thanks for everything, Nolan.

And finally, condolences to the Aurora victims. I hope Holmes is brought to justice, and especially now, I hope the media stops fucking giving him the attention he so desperately wants. Burn in hell.

EDIT: Whoops, just found "The Batman Thread" in Community Discussion. But it's dead!
    Last edited by ChemicalFizz; July 26th, 2012 at 01:25 AM.

RedBaron is on a distinguished road

Re: The Dark Knight Rises? Where are you Modacity?

Saw it during midnight release. Didn't sleep that night until 5 am. Saw it again this week at a more godly hour. Loved the movie. I am amazed that there's people who were unhappy with the casting to begin with. I thought everyone played their roles perfectly, even Hardy as Bane, whom I was unsure of at first. It's hard to believe that he's the same gentleman from Inception. The only real problem I have with the movie is that I couldn't really make out what Bane was saying after a certain point. Also, the most ridiculous wtf moment was during the truck chase scene towards the end. The original driver just randomly spasms and dies even though the windshield of the truck wasn't even broken at that point, meaning bullets/shrapnel couldn't possibly have hit him. It was like he just had an aneurysm explode right at that moment.

And concerning Holmes; sometimes I hate the fact that I live in western society, cuz I would very much like to see his head on a spike, mental illness or not.

Blog Entries
    =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute

I heard the premičre was a real shot in the arm.

rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ChemicalFizz View Post
    And finally, condolences to the Aurora victims. I hope Holmes is brought to justice, and especially now, I hope the media stops fucking giving him the attention he so desperately wants. Burn in hell.
    I applaud your intent here and your recognition of the real problem in every instance of these tragedies, but even bringing it up in that scant detail strikes me as somewhat countering your own point. I'm aware I did the same in the shooters' thread, and only thought about it afterwards... the less we even mention these things, really, the better. I think our feelings go without saying at any rate.

Meanwhile, I must say RedBaron's comment troubles me a lot. Really, that isn't the kind of thing you should want to see actually happen. Period.
    sometimes bad posters say stupid things and i put them in here

i'll wait for the bluray version..i will start out watching in english and after 10 mins i will have trouble deciphering what bale is saying and probably switch language xD

I actually understood Bane 95% of the time... And that's from a guy who's hard of hearing!

RedBaron is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by rossmum View Post
    Meanwhile, I must say RedBaron's comment troubles me a lot. Really, that isn't the kind of thing you should want to see actually happen. Period.
    Actually I realized that the comment sounded a bit too extreme... But what I should have said instead is that the American court system is complete bullshit. It'll take at least 2 years before he even gets to court and years after that before he actually gets convicted. And he'll probably get a lighter sentencing if he pleads insanity, which he probably will. If it were up to me, I would just lock him up in the darkest room and throw away the key right now.

Just saying, if the penalty for stealing is to have your hands chopped off, then there would be a HUGE drop in those crimes. It's not even uncommon for prisoners of Holmes's nature to undergo "accidents" in interrogation rooms due to police brutality in many Asian countries. And many of these countries aren't even considered 3rd world by today's standards. Over there, once the initial event is covered on TV, the news goes completely silent concerning the culprits. There's no coverage of the guy years after the fact when he's finally brought to court. The penalties are decisive and severe. I'm not necessarily saying that every criminal should be given extreme and unreasonable penalties, but the way the US system is right now is just laughable. I would not be surprised if this guy gets life in a mental institution with chance of parole/assimilation back into society, whereas I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who believes he deserves the death penalty.

rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute

If you believe anyone should be put to death then you are a terrible person hope this helps

Higuy has a brilliant future Higuy has a brilliant future Higuy has a brilliant future Higuy has a brilliant future Higuy has a brilliant future Higuy has a brilliant future Higuy has a brilliant future Higuy has a brilliant future Higuy has a brilliant future Higuy has a brilliant future Higuy has a brilliant future

RedBaron, you are an idiot. A harsher punishment would be in jail for life than death. Another thing is that if you've payed attention to the news about it, we will know in a few months probably what the court will convict him of, especially since it created the huge gun control debate for the presidential election.
    "I don't know wtf I'm doing. Zbrush UI is like looking into the matrix."
    Lumoria - Youtube - Portfolio

ps: it is hard to figure out why someone did something if they are dead, as opposed to alive and a literal captive audience for shrinks

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information