+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises? Where are you Modacity?

Re: The Dark Knight Rises? Where are you Modacity?

i hate it when movies about comic book hero's arn't realistic
    found some old assets of mine from 8 years ago lmao

if you wanna talk about shit that breaks your immersion look at shit like cat women kicking the pedal on the window washer, for no other reason then, why not.
    thats dumb
    found some old assets of mine from 8 years ago lmao

stalker!!!!call the police...w8...i hate the police.
    kid908 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Warsaw View Post
    It was 5 months between the bomb being stolen and the big show-down (which really wasn't all that big). For most of that time, he was lying on a bed in The Pit. It was at the T-minus 23 days marker that he got roped up and actually started mending for real, if I recall the film correctly. That's 23 days to get back into the same level of fitness as he was in The Dark Knight. I mean, I thought he'd start mending almost as soon as he got to The Pit. That I could have suspended my disbelief over.
    Was it really 5 months? It felt like a few weeks at the most (must have been the editing).

Even at almost 3 hours long, I felt that movie took out a lot of content. Some parts of the film pacing was rushed. I think they could have spent more time with the build up of the dark knight rising out of the pit. There was no real struggle to overcome there.

The movie was still really good though; I'd recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen
    They said pigs would fly before a black man became President. 100 days into his presidency and swine flu.

Overall a very good movie, bit I do agree that it felt rushed/cut for time. However, that does give me a bit of hope for an extended director's cut version...

Blog Entries
    TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bodzilla View Post
    if you wanna talk about shit that breaks your immersion look at shit like cat women kicking the pedal on the window washer, for no other reason then, why not.
    thats dumb
    I kick the buttons on my dishwasher.

Posts, posts EVERYWHERE! Warsaw's Avatar
    Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bodzilla View Post
    thats dumb
    You are missing the point. All they had to do was rearrange some numbers. All they had to do was make the movie itself feel like it actually took the amount of time they say it did. My gripe isn't really that they broke immersion, it's that the plot felt rushed within the movie, because it did.

TeeKup: I don't much care for men crawling in the mud
    TeeKup: id rather them be crawling in my bed

Higuy has much to be proud of Higuy has much to be proud of Higuy has much to be proud of Higuy has much to be proud of Higuy has much to be proud of Higuy has much to be proud of Higuy has much to be proud of

Got done watching it, along with the 2 other batman movies (that i hadnt seen before).

my thoughts:

- it was a good movie, but not on par with the 2nd
    - wasn't as dark, like others said
    - tied in nicely with the 1st movie, 2nd movie not so much except for Harvey Dent
    - anne hathaway did a nice job playing her role, although i still miss Rachel from batman 1 & 2 ->
    (i still feel like she wasn't given a proper ending, i mean wtf, shes like bruce's long time friend and after her death you hardly hear about her from him, except from harvey, but all he does is complain and then kick the bucket. i also couldnt even believe it when this happened in the movie, this was a giant fucking plot twist)

- anti climatic like others said, ALTHOUGH, it did rap the whole trilogy up nicely and didn't leave giant plot holes or anything.
    - bane was a very cool character and i find him on par with the men in the 1st movie, as he should be
    - i was really hoping at one point alfred would show up and beat bane with a baseball bat

those are my thoughts. overall a good movie, would recommend
    "I don't know wtf I'm doing. Zbrush UI is like looking into the matrix."
    Lumoria - Youtube - Portfolio

I saw this. Anne Hathaway. Enough said.

"We also tried switching back, but they say we're using too many resources. Fuck them."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information