+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Steam subscriber agreement prevents class action lawsuits

Blog Entries
    =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute

Steam subscriber agreement prevents class action lawsuits

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/360958/steam-subscriber-agreement-prevents-class-action-lawsuits/

Quote Originally Posted by Steam
    SECTION 12 CONTAINS A BINDING ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER. IT AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. PLEASE READ IT. IF YOU LIVE OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES, SOME OR ALL OF SECTION 12 MIGHT NOT APPLY TO YOU.

An arbitration is a proceeding before a neutral arbitrator, instead of before a judge or jury. Arbitration is less formal than a lawsuit in court, and provides more limited discovery. It follows different rules than court proceedings, and is subject to very limited review by courts. The arbitrator will issue a written decision and provide a statement of reasons if requested by either party. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU AND VALVE ARE GIVING UP THE RIGHT TO SUE IN COURT AND TO HAVE A TRIAL BEFORE A JUDGE OR JURY.
    WELP.

neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of

Re: Steam subscriber agreement prevents class action lawsuits

biased reporting ftw

Unlike other companies who've issued language to prevent class-actions, Valve has granted users a weird bit of compensation in the new SSA. Anyone who elects to use individual arbitration to resolve any Steam-related disputes can expect to have their cost of arbitration paid for entirely by Valve, no matter the final decision. However, for this offer to stand, the claim must be under $10,000, and the arbitrator must not "determine the claim to be frivolous or the costs unreasonable."
    http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/0...-action-suits/

also, this doesn't even apply in europe AT ALL, and will only affect americans.
    gallery-smellery!
    tutorial-brutorial!

Quake was a game where a guy jumped over your head at 30mph, spun, put 3 rockets in your grill and landed without slowing down and no one called "aim bot!" at it."

Thank you neuro.

"We also tried switching back, but they say we're using too many resources. Fuck them."

That's the part you're upset about? Not the whole you dont own anything, you just send Valve some money and they allow you to hold onto a license granting temporary use until they say otherwise part?

I clicked on "I accept" minutes ago without reading. Am I about to die?

Blog Entries
    =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
    That's the part you're upset about? Not the whole you dont own anything, you just send Valve some money and they allow you to hold onto a license granting temporary use until they say otherwise part?
    Europe has recently passed something which may make that change here.

Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute

so how does this effect me?
    "I don't know wtf I'm doing. Zbrush UI is like looking into the matrix."
    Lumoria - Youtube - Portfolio

Posts, posts EVERYWHERE! Warsaw's Avatar
    Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't really matter, even in the USA. Those clauses hold about about as well as tissue paper against a scalpel in court, even in states that allow such clauses.

That said, the only things that could make me angry about Steam are somehow losing all of my games without compensation or being banned because somebody hacked my account and decided to cheat with it.

TeeKup: I don't much care for men crawling in the mud
    TeeKup: id rather them be crawling in my bed

If it were origin this thread would be going nuclear by now.

Steam doesn't invoke explorer to read your files outside of relevant game directories and send info about the contents to an EA host server.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information