+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So I heard you guys like Total Annihilation and awesome RTS games

Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of

So I heard you guys like Total Annihilation and awesome RTS games

...so I figured I'd show you guys this.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...generation-rts

http://planetaryannihilation.com/

A total blast of nostalgia came upon my while watching that video due to them using the same narrator as in Total Annihilation. The game looks like a mix of TA, SupCom and awesome epic space awesomeness. Also, green nanolathe from TA? Win.

For those of you who haven't played Total Annihilation, I feel bad for you. However, this game looks like it takes a lot of inspiration from it (maybe cause one of the co-founders worked on TA), so hey, why not check it out?

Of course, it's a kickstarter project. The goal is 900 000$ for September 14th, and started yesterday. How much money did they make in a day? Over 270 000$. pretty good, eh?

Anyway, I already backed up this project and I hope some of you guys do too. If you do, spread the word! If you don't spread the word anyway!
    Last edited by Hotrod; August 16th, 2012 at 09:06 PM.
    What do you call a lasgun with a laser sight on it? Twin linked :3

Blog Entries
    Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: So I heard you guys like Total Annihilation and awesome RTS games

The dev's site (uberent.com) is a clusterfuck

Their main site is a goddamn forum? Modacity VS Uber Entertainment! FIGHT

Blog Entries
    Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute

I noticed they were based in Kirkland, so I wanted to see what kind of positions they had open. From their 'front page', I had to bounce to their 'main site', then from there to their 'blog', and then there I found their 'jobs' link under their 'inside uber' tab.

Clusterfuck.

Fools. Send them an e-mail telling them to contract someone who actually knows who to build a website...for you know, people, and not search engines.

Blog Entries

Their loss. Was kind of eyeing a donation of my own, but their inability to make a decent website led me away (red flag)

What's wrong with that? Yeah, cheaply done but what does a kickstarter page really need other than this?

oh, you were talking about something else

Blog Entries

Yep, as clearly state here in Exhibit A:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kornman00 View Post
    The dev's site (uberent.com) is a clusterfuck

yeah, that would have actually required I read the thread first instead of paying attention only to the vBadvanced module.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information