View Poll Results: Who you gonna vote fer or support (if you can't vote)

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama'rama

27 57.45%
  • Mitt 'The Ripper' Romney

9 19.15%
  • Other (Independent candidate)

11 23.40%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Presidency (USA)

Blog Entries
    Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 2012 Presidency (USA)

Meant to post this earlier
    This video is unable to be displayed because the YouTube video tags were used incorrectly. Please review proper use of the tags here.

It's funny because Romney had an adviser who was openly gay.

If you care even one little bit about the state of the economy you should be looking at how it actually fucking works (and see how fixing it is never ever going to happen), instead of going with the candidate who repeats the word more than the other.

Also here if you actually have any faith remaining in this system, allow me to squash it.

This video is unable to be displayed because the YouTube video tags were used incorrectly. Please review proper use of the tags here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hélder Câmara
    When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist.

I'm going to bring up the whole "We're a Republic, not a Democracy" thing in my Government class to see what sort of discussion it brings up.

I've been wanting to do it for quite a few years, but almost everyone in KANSAS is an ignorant moron who can't grasp anything beyond how corn grows. Lawrence is the only decent city here with people who aren't entirely brain-dead.

So next summer I've got tickets to take a cargo ship to Frankfurt. If I like it, I think I'll stay.
    Quote Originally Posted by =sw=warlord View Post
    Valve is some part of a global plan, a step in the new world order.

Blog Entries
    Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHalcyon View Post
    I'm going to bring up the whole "We're a Republic, not a Democracy" thing in my Government class to see what sort of discussion it brings up.
    Quote Originally Posted by PoA
    ...and to the Republic for which it stands...
    hurrrr, pledges of allegiances pfffft

Also, one nation, under debt

^It's sad because it's true.

@Dark: Your class doesn't openly discuss the very valuable importance of our nation being a Republic? That's like, invaluable to understand the nation's infrstructure. Who the fuck is controlling the school board over there in Kansas? (Don't worry, College will open so many doors for you.)

Quote Originally Posted by rossmum View Post
    not at all

i can tell you immediately which will be the worse, more dangerous stupidity. hint: the same brand of stupidity that has consistently fucked america every time it was elected for the last fifty years.

if this is true, then i have no idea why you are throwing that vote at the party which has demonstrably been to blame for all the major fuckups the us economy has endured in recent history

unfucking the mess the republicans left costs money which the government needs to raise taxes to pay for??? fuck, man, that's just criminal. those goddamn thieves.

also, doing 'not much' (patently false anyway) is a whole lot better than 'doing a lot of really fucking dumb things', which has long been a cornerstone of republican policy

you hate the party the least bad option is a member of, so you're going to vote for the second worst option after ron paul? that makes sense
    Because voting for a President who's also going to continually run the country into the ground is better? More Government jobs! That'll fix the economy! Make all health public! That'll surely help the actually hard working medical experts like Physical Therapists that are so very fucking important to the physical recovery of the body which in case already have a fucking difficult time actually getting through the shitty government healthcare ALREADY in place. I just don't like what Obama is doing and his party is going no where. But wait, no, they're both fucking terrible, so I'm glad I've been having these conversations. It looks like I will be writing in Chuck Norris come November because I honestly can't pull it out of my ass to vote for Romney.

Obama's Administration is looking more and more like Jimmy Carter's in terms of Economics and we all know Obama is nothing compared to Carter in terms of Foreign Policy. That is why I won't vote for him this November, regardless of who I vote for.

As far as economics, neither party's is working:
    http://articles.marketwatch.com/2010...ockman-economy

Because the Republican Party is regrettably the only with a conservative economic approach, I was more inclined to vote for them. We don't need to spend, we need to save. Democrats want to keep spending and we don't have money to spend for them. At the same time, tax the wealthy and they'll take it out on those below them. The system is fucked up regardless and there is no WORSE President. They're both equally shitty in their own ways and frankly I was voting based on the concept that I want the situation to change. The problem with your methodology is that there will be a new President in the next 4 years and letting a President who isn't doing much stay for another 4 years is crazy. The Democrats are all talk. The Republicans at least act, even if it's stupid half of the time. These debts you keep talking about with the Republican party accumulating over the years aren't just on the hands of the Repubs. It's the GOP and the fucked up Bureaucracy as a whole for the past 30 years that's fucked us over.

@Patricks: No, that's not it, it's the fact that he made promises he couldn't keep and overpursued shit he shouldn't have tried to. You don't go for a healthcare reform in the middle of one of the worst recessions in Global history. That's like switching to Stargate Tech as Protoss after losing your entire army from mass Marine/Rax/Vikings. It just doesn't work. Yes I just made a StarCraft reference. Deal with it. I'm not saying he had to keep all those promises, but when you build your entire campaign on hope and change and you leave America with neither you're really showing you're nothing but silver-tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by neuro View Post
    i would like romney to be president, and sarah palin to be vice.

because i want to see the world burn.
    Some men want to watch the world burn.
    Last edited by DarkHalo003; September 11th, 2012 at 12:36 PM.

"We also tried switching back, but they say we're using too many resources. Fuck them."

neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of

if youre voting for romney, you're the reason the whole world points and laughs and sais 'lol america, what a joke'
    gallery-smellery!
    tutorial-brutorial!

Quake was a game where a guy jumped over your head at 30mph, spun, put 3 rockets in your grill and landed without slowing down and no one called "aim bot!" at it."

Quote Originally Posted by neuro View Post
    if youre voting for romney, you're the reason the whole world points and laughs and sais 'lol america, what a joke'
    Fortunately I'm not.

"We also tried switching back, but they say we're using too many resources. Fuck them."

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHalo003 View Post
    Because the Republican Party is regrettably the only with a conservative economic approach, I was more inclined to vote for them. We don't need to spend, we need to save. Democrats want to keep spending and we don't have money to spend for them.
    GUYS WE HAVE TO SAVE THE FICTIONAL NUMBERS THAT HAVE NO REAL RELEVANCE TO ANYTHING OR ELSE WELL RUN OUT OF FICTIONAL NUMBERS BAWWW

yeah good luck, debt, by design can never be repaid as long as interest exists, regardless of how much you run social programs into the ground you will never save enough money to repay the debt. All you will have succeeded in doing is bringing social health even further down than it already is in the United States.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hélder Câmara
    When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist.

@Dark: Your class doesn't openly discuss the very valuable importance of our nation being a Republic? That's like, invaluable to understand the nation's infrstructure. Who the fuck is controlling the school board over there in Kansas? (Don't worry, College will open so many doors for you.)
    It doesn't at all. What my government class goes over is simply the history of how the nation was started (Declaration of Independece and whatnot, which is still very important) and touches base on some modern political events, like the race to the White House. I did bring the topic up and defended my points accordingly, but no more than two others understood what I was saying. I'm just glad one of them was the teacher himself.

About the school board: it was built by idiots for idiots. We're still using reprinted books from the 1980s, so we aren't learning more than what my parents knew when they left high school. State sanctioned budget cuts are really killing our education. I think I learn more about politics from these forums than from what they will ever have a chance to teach us. Last I checked, we're not far off from Kansas City which has one of the worst math and reading scores in the nation.

Also, seriously looking forward to College, but I think a year of planning, prepping, and budgeting will help me out better than those who simply jump in and fall into debt immediately. Plus, I hear Frankfurt is nice in the summer.
    Last edited by NneYaTano; September 11th, 2012 at 01:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by =sw=warlord View Post
    Valve is some part of a global plan, a step in the new world order.

I accept the Electoral College on the notion that voters are relatively stupid half of the time and I'd rather have 16 intellectuals hopefully voting strategically for my interests than 10,000,000 blindly voting based off of bandwagons or ignorance. Simply put, I'd rather have 16 smart people having the important decisions based off of information they received than 10,000,000 stupid people vote their opinions.
    It's a system that makes sense based on the level of technology we had sixty years ago. Now, we're a technological society with each person able to instantly reach anyone within the world. I've been against the electoral college since I learned about it. We're a nation of individuals electing a single person. There's no reason why anyone's vote should be ignored on the national scale since more people in their county voted for the other person.

Also, a bit of irony. I've long laughed at how Romney and his running mate tell nothing but lies and misnomers (someone counted it as over 600 lies over the past 32 weeks on reddit. no idea if factually quantitative or not though). Today, he's telling the teachers on strike in Chicago to go back to work because it's important our kids have an education and this strike hurts them. They're striking because current policies on education hurt the students. It's stuff like this and Ryan not understanding how voting in Congress works that makes me wonder how they managed to get to be presidential nominees.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information