+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone 5

iPhone 5

iPhone 5 was announced a few days ago as most of you probably know. Seems like it's still in hot demand as the preorders are already out... Looks like pretty much the same thing as before, the IOS needs to be changed up or pretty soon it's gonna get even more stale than it already is... Looks the EXACT same from 2007. :\
    Glad I got the Galaxy Nexus, definitely sticking by it for a long time.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-33692_3-57...te-hot-demand/

Apple always knows how to market its stuff it seems, like their MacBooks though *waits for stones to be thrown*.

Blog Entries
    Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: iPhone 5

This video is unable to be displayed because the YouTube video tags were used incorrectly. Please review proper use of the tags here.

ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of

If there's anything they need to do, they need to make the OS more aesthetically pleasing. The homescreen right now is super boring, and transitions between things could be made a lot better (like when you turn it off, I love how Android does the old TV thing).

However, the iPhone still looks beautiful as always. Super well-made phone, can't wait to go check it out once it comes out just to see how it feels. Always unfortunate that it's all covered up by cases soon enough though.

You all know I'm an apple fan, but this was probably the most disappointing year for the iPhone. Not only is iOS6 largely useless, (theres only 3 things I find useful, Siri on my iPad, fb intergration, and iCloud tabs). It's slimmer, which means its going to feel even weirder in the hand than the 4 was seeing as how shallow it is, and it has a longer screen, which enlarges the screen but takes away all the benefits of a larger screen.

Want to view your photos on it? enjoy black bars on the sides.
    Want to browse with safari? lets zoom the pages out even further. Or you can turn it landscape, and have bigger text but be able to see less above and below the line your on.
    Want a larger keyboard, nope lets keep it the same size.
    Want to watch 720p video? Can't do that.

The new screen does nothing to improve the way to interact with the phone other than reduce the amount of scrolling you need to do.

It's nice LTE is included now, but that's nothing new. I don't see LTE being added as them being "late to the game" but rather them having power and size demands for it, not to mention full carrier support for LTE.

I'm curious to see how the camera performs compared to the 4S. I'm willing to bet there were some compromises in the camera in order to make it smaller.

All the iPhones before this have had at least one feature in it's hardware and software that set it apart from everyone else on the market (multitouch ui, 3g+appstore, retina display + camera, siri), but this is just feels like a "me too" device. There was so much Apple could have done with this update, but they seem to be falling into the same state MS did, having a sucessful product and being to afraid to "mess with success"

Lumia 920 for me this fall. Hopefully next year Apple will raise the bar once again.
    DSalimander: i think id be a pretty girl
    Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy
    I just can't help myself.... I just love Steve [Jobs].... there is just something about him....I like his ways and I think its the jeans and turtle necks he wears and at times stubbles on his face, he appears to be a down to earth guy..... can't wait to see him again!

Quote Originally Posted by Masterz1337 View Post
    Hopefully next year Apple will raise the bar once again.
    That's what I'm hoping. I like the iPhones I really do but just found this one to be so disappointing and felt like something I already have. Really hoping they try something new instead of staying with the same ol' routine.

Oh look at all the features that Apple put in the iPhone that have been in Android phones for some time now.

Granted Android has always had half baked versions of those ideas. Multitasking, C&P, Notifications, to name a few.
    I just can't help myself.... I just love Steve [Jobs].... there is just something about him....I like his ways and I think its the jeans and turtle necks he wears and at times stubbles on his face, he appears to be a down to earth guy..... can't wait to see him again!

PlasbianX has much to be proud of PlasbianX has much to be proud of PlasbianX has much to be proud of PlasbianX has much to be proud of PlasbianX has much to be proud of PlasbianX has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Masterz1337 View Post
    Granted Android has always had half baked versions of those ideas. Multitasking, C&P, Notifications, to name a few.
    Half baked you say?

Also, this.

This video is unable to be displayed because the YouTube video tags were used incorrectly. Please review proper use of the tags here.

ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of

You have to realize this is all Apple could really do based on their current situation. They couldn't have made it longer in both length AND width because it would've screwed over the entire app ecosystem. Every single app would have looked like shit because the native resolution and PPI would have been horribly skewed from what it originally was. App developers would have been in hell having to fix it all.

Instead of pissing everyone off and destroying their entire app store, Apple was pretty much forced to just increase the screen's height and keep the 326 PPI the same so that app developers could simple add to their apps instead of having to go back and completely re-res everything.

They have the most creative and some of the best engineers on the planet, I'm sure if they wanted to they could come up with some solution for developers. I think it's more of them feeling they don't need to since they rake in the majority of the profits in the phone industry, and have had the best selling phone for 5 years now. Had they increased the width, they could simply put black bars on the left and right when using legacy apps.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information