+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: planetside 2

Re: planetside 2

"Oh my god..."

I watched that shit happen live in-game lol.

Also, if anyone has any extra beta keys, I'd be glad to take them. There are 5 guys in a group that I play DayZ with that are interested in the beta and are ready to play, so any extra keys would be highly appreciated.
    Last edited by Amit; October 27th, 2012 at 08:23 PM.

I dont mean to piss over Amits post, but I didnt even realise this was in beta and I'm dying to try it out. Looks awesome, how long you guys been playing beta so far, and how long of beta is left?

Why would you want to watch your character get shot by a corrupt US General when you can watch him get eviscerated by an eight-foot alien in purple body armour?

Quote Originally Posted by Limited View Post
    I dont mean to piss over Amits post, but I didnt even realise this was in beta and I'm dying to try it out. Looks awesome, how long you guys been playing beta so far, and how long of beta is left?
    The game releases in under a month.

Been playing for a few weeks, but the game is still filled to the brim with massive issues. Performance and stability are really bad (played 2 hours today, crashed 4 times).

There's also some pretty serious balance issues, for instance, at the moment aircraft are borderline useless.

The game is def a lot of fun, but I can't imagine many people sticking around if the piss poor performance isn't fixed soon.

I can not figure out why they're so eager to call the game releasable, where they'll be getting rid of their one excuse for all the issues the game has, because there is no chance in hell they can fix all the problems the game has in under a month.
    Last edited by Rainbow Dash; October 28th, 2012 at 12:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hélder Câmara
    When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist.

I've never had the game crash, but performance is a huge problem, there's still lots of bugs (many being added in new patches, BF3 style), and the Galaxies are about the only useful aircraft there is.

Posts, posts EVERYWHERE! Warsaw's Avatar
    Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute

It wasn't acceptable for DICE to do it the way they did, either...

That said, I've had Planetside 2 crash on more than one occasion, and always under different circumstances.

TeeKup: I don't much care for men crawling in the mud
    TeeKup: id rather them be crawling in my bed

If I try to minimize it for any reason, it crashes for me :\

neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of

planetside2 takes up to 5 minutes to load for me.

the performance is awful.
    and honestly, the game is really boring.
    i can't play more than 2 hours before entering the 'sigh, i guess ill just fuck around a bit, suiciding aircraft into vehicles or whatever' -mode

i haven't had it crash on me yet, but the frame-freezes are literally destroying the game for me.
    at any point you get into a scenario where you need quick reactions (like chasing down an aircraft or something) the game just fucking FREEZES for a second, and i can't do a damn thing, and generally i end up driving my aircraft into a fucking mountainside.
    gallery-smellery!
    tutorial-brutorial!

Quake was a game where a guy jumped over your head at 30mph, spun, put 3 rockets in your grill and landed without slowing down and no one called "aim bot!" at it."

Posts, posts EVERYWHERE! Warsaw's Avatar
    Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute

You haven't found a single hot-spot? Hot-spots are basically Battlefield 3 intensity zones, even more so if it is a three-way struggle for a capture point...

TeeKup: I don't much care for men crawling in the mud
    TeeKup: id rather them be crawling in my bed

neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of

it's not that i can't find combat, it's just that the combat is boring as fuck.

actually it's the fact the entire combat system is a COD-BF3 clone

3 hits of anything, you're fucking DEAD.
    you get hit-direction-indicators, but they don't do you any good because if you get hit once, you're already halfway to being fucking DEAD again.

it feels like the entire game has hardcore-mode on, and i fucking hate it.

you've got shields apparently, really, what do they absorb, half a fucking bullet?
    i don't think i've EVER had an instance where i was left with even the slightest bit of shield left.
    i've never liked any game that had this stupid low health system.
    also it's the future, everyone is wearing fucking armor with SHIELDS, it's not realistic, you don't need to make a realistic shooter out of this.

the shooters i loved more than anything were Halo, Global Agenda, and even Section 8.
    the games were you needed some sustained aiming to take down a person, instead of just spraying in a general direction and 3 random hits will kill a person.

i've been pumping all my certs into shields and armor, but so far it make absolutely DICK difference.

edit:

this turned into a bit of a ragepost, but this issue has been by far easily the most annoying to me.
    i just don't see the fun in this type of combat where you die in half a second without a chance to save your own ass.
    i don't see any skill-factor in it, only a whoever-opens-fire-first-factor
    Last edited by neuro; October 29th, 2012 at 08:39 AM.
    gallery-smellery!
    tutorial-brutorial!

Quake was a game where a guy jumped over your head at 30mph, spun, put 3 rockets in your grill and landed without slowing down and no one called "aim bot!" at it."

Quote Originally Posted by neuro View Post
    planetside2 takes up to 5 minutes to load for me.

the performance is awful.
    and honestly, the game is really boring.
    i can't play more than 2 hours before entering the 'sigh, i guess ill just fuck around a bit, suiciding aircraft into vehicles or whatever' -mode

i haven't had it crash on me yet, but the frame-freezes are literally destroying the game for me.
    at any point you get into a scenario where you need quick reactions (like chasing down an aircraft or something) the game just fucking FREEZES for a second, and i can't do a damn thing, and generally i end up driving my aircraft into a fucking mountainside.
    If it takes 5 minutes to start up, that's an issue with your machine or maybe it's just poor compatibility, but I've never heard anyone complain of loading issues lol. Freeze frames are an issue, but not for that many people (I'm using sub-par components across the board and having no issues). Try updating or rolling back GPU drivers? Also, don't play by yourself. This is a team-based game and if you don't find yourself a good squad, you're gonna have a less than satisfactory time.

Quote Originally Posted by neuro View Post
    this turned into a bit of a ragepost, but this issue has been by far easily the most annoying to me.
    i just don't see the fun in this type of combat where you die in half a second without a chance to save your own ass.
    i don't see any skill-factor in it, only a whoever-opens-fire-first-factor
    I don't know when last you played, but it definitely takes at least half a magazine to take someone down who has full shields. Headshots take you down considerably faster, so maybe everyone's just hitting you in the head :P

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information