+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Servers Closing Down Error?

Servers Closing Down Error?

Okay so basically every once in a while a server will randomly come up with the server message "Server Closed Down". Does anyone know exactly what causes this?

Thank you for the help in advance I really appreciate any information you can provide me.

Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Servers Closing Down Error?

I've had this problem before with my servers, though it wasn't the servers really. The servers themselves stayed online just fine, and periodically SOME of the players in them would be kicked with the "Game has closed down" message. This was reported to me by multiple users. I tried to troubleshoot with Sehe since I thought it might be SAPP causing it, but we couldn't reproduce the issue on our ends.

I'm wondering if the community master server might be to blame?

El Durado :/
    supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of

Before the update to 1.10, the reason this happened was the issue of packets being blocked from either sending or receiving from client to server or server to client.

This can be from a number of issues, any third party program that modifies the original executable can always have unnoticed issues, faulty wireless card (if you're using wireless), bad Ethernet connection, poor router, a firewall or antivirus in play, or just going over your monthly data usage with your DNS provider.

However after the community update there also could be an issue with the master server list.

Btcc22 has a reputation beyond repute Btcc22 has a reputation beyond repute Btcc22 has a reputation beyond repute Btcc22 has a reputation beyond repute Btcc22 has a reputation beyond repute Btcc22 has a reputation beyond repute Btcc22 has a reputation beyond repute Btcc22 has a reputation beyond repute Btcc22 has a reputation beyond repute Btcc22 has a reputation beyond repute Btcc22 has a reputation beyond repute

The master server doesn't have anything to do with this problem.

It's supposed to be triggered by an admin using the sv_endgame command but it does very occasionally happen if packets are being dropped. I don't think anybody knows why - it could be a bug in the netcode that's more likely to be encountered during packet loss (fairly posititive the netcode does have such a bug), the mods the server's running or some kind of protection measure that we're not aware of. We know the devs at least attempted some kind of speed-hack protection so it wouldn't be surprising if there are additional protection measures buried in there somewhere.
    Last edited by Btcc22; August 27th, 2015 at 11:57 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information