+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: A scary thought....

Patrickssj6 has a reputation beyond repute Patrickssj6 has a reputation beyond repute Patrickssj6 has a reputation beyond repute Patrickssj6 has a reputation beyond repute Patrickssj6 has a reputation beyond repute Patrickssj6 has a reputation beyond repute Patrickssj6 has a reputation beyond repute Patrickssj6 has a reputation beyond repute Patrickssj6 has a reputation beyond repute Patrickssj6 has a reputation beyond repute Patrickssj6 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: A scary thought....

Happened to me too.I bought XP Home and I installed it on a custom computer and an old crappy Laptop cause I wasn't aware that I could only use the product key twice.

I create a new custom computer for myself and had to take a different Product ID.But from where?

I looked at the old comps I had and realized that the company in this case Compaq used the Product ID twice already when manifacturing the computer. :/

I got one from a friend and had to find a way to Genuine avoid it.

I hope my computer will upgrade to Vista even though the system is not genuine.This is my biggest concerne.

Is there any way to unsubscribe from a Product ID?

Could've Moved Mountains
    legionaire45 is on a distinguished road

The retail version of XP lets you install it on 5 "differant" computers at a time (at least the one that I got at the Microsoft store in Washington). Differant is in quotes because I think it checks it based off your MAC address, although im not positive (considering it only does it in XP when I change out a motherboard).
    !

Hates Sucky Comp >:( demonmaster3k's Avatar
    demonmaster3k is on a distinguished road

if you're a pirate, then they're out to get you
    bill gates=the boogey man for pirates
    (then again, they'd probably wanna pee on his face)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information