+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 800x600 and 16:10

nylock10 is on a distinguished road

800x600 and 16:10

I have a 20" Widescreen 16:10 monitor but I need to play at 800x600 (me wants performance).

But, I have a problem...

I played Halo 1 for PC at 800x600, but the field of view was all messed up (it appeared a little too zoomed in). I read that Microsoft made H2V a widescreen-compatible game, does this mean it will fix the FOV or just have widescreen resolutions?

thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Woop! Tomorrow!

That's great. Your excitement doesn't need a whole thread. Lock.

Re: 800x600 and 16:10

I actually just changed the topic to something else, other post seemed stupid lol

Mr Buckshot is on a distinguished road

If you mean that the picture becomes overly stretched...

No, the game won't fix your FOV for you. You'll either run the game "stretched," or you'll have to run the game in a window to correct the image (arguably the best way for lower-end computers).
    mini ITX build: core i5 2320, 8 GB RAM, Geforce GTX560 Ti

What? Are you DENSE? Are you RETARDED or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn BATMAN.

Amit has a reputation beyond repute Amit has a reputation beyond repute Amit has a reputation beyond repute Amit has a reputation beyond repute Amit has a reputation beyond repute Amit has a reputation beyond repute Amit has a reputation beyond repute Amit has a reputation beyond repute Amit has a reputation beyond repute Amit has a reputation beyond repute Amit has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a tip: NEW VIDEO CARD, that way you can run the game at resolutions your LCD was made for.

I have an iMac so I can't upgrade, I have a Radeon x1600 256MB.

j͆ͪ͟c̓̊͜a̎ͨ̈́ͧṗ̵ ̏ͭ̃sͪ̊͊̒͌̒̏t͗͗ͩͮo̧̊̒̎̽̇̌̋ṗ̸ͪ͑ͩ̐ InnerGoat's Avatar
    InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe because that card can't do any better then 800x600? You know, H2V plays like crap on everything but high end...

how can u stand even looking at the game at such low res.....it must be like shooting at blocks.

Mr Buckshot is on a distinguished road

If you run the game at a lower resolution but in windowed mode, it won't look that bad (running Halo at 1024x768 in a window on my desktop still looks quite clear).

Radeon X1600 only gives you 800x600? Probably a support issue (some older games may not work properly on newer cards that should be able to blow them away). Contact Hired Gun. By rights, you should be running in widescreen with everything maxed, because my Geforce 7600 GT, which is Nvidia's rival to the X1600, can run much better-looking games at high settings.
    mini ITX build: core i5 2320, 8 GB RAM, Geforce GTX560 Ti

What? Are you DENSE? Are you RETARDED or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn BATMAN.

klange is on a distinguished road

Can't you just change the settings on your monitor to make it not stretch to the full extent? Most laptops do that for you (most of the time...), and it's not that hard to do manually, you just change the width so that it's a little bit lower.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information