+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why can't I run Halo 2 Vista well on my computer

Syuusuke has a brilliant future Syuusuke has a brilliant future Syuusuke has a brilliant future Syuusuke has a brilliant future Syuusuke has a brilliant future Syuusuke has a brilliant future Syuusuke has a brilliant future Syuusuke has a brilliant future Syuusuke has a brilliant future Syuusuke has a brilliant future Syuusuke has a brilliant future

Re: Why can't I run Halo 2 Vista well on my computer

The D in Pentium D is dual core =S so technically it's better...in terms of the 1gb of RAM and 7500LE might/or might not be the problem. =(

Xetsuei is on a distinguished road

Get another gig of ram, and a new graphics card (7600GT+). Also bleach, a Pentium D is a dual core Pentium 4.

Thank you.

MrUncool is on a distinguished road

Yes, get another gig of ram and upgrade that excuse for a video card...your CPU on the other hand you can just overclock, some people have had pretty good success with it. Thisll probably be cheaper than buying a whole new system, good luck.

Mr Buckshot is on a distinguished road

Overclocking is not as simple as it seems. Overclock too much and you can turn your system into an expensive paperweight, unless you have liquid cooling. Besides the Pentium D 2.8Ghz is fine and will last for a few more years.

The Geforce 7500 LE needs to go, now. Find a better card. Also, any Nvidia card with LE in the name is a must-avoid. Think of LE as standing for Lame Edition.
    mini ITX build: core i5 2320, 8 GB RAM, Geforce GTX560 Ti

What? Are you DENSE? Are you RETARDED or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn BATMAN.

... *uses Shield Rifle*
    the1 is on a distinguished road

has anyone got any tips or tricks other than overclocking my celeron *shivers* cpu which runs at 2.66 gig
    i have a geforce fx 6200 videocard
    1 gig of ram
    i don't care about gameplay quality i just want to be able to play it... i can play with this windows rating of 1.6 but the laging kinda gets to you after a while.
    that and the fact you move your mouse and it takes half a second to update the screen. and by the time i have aimed at an ai's head it has already moved... :S

i tried what someone pointed out with something else and sofar the increase in gameplay speed is zippo. although i get no lag when watching flash movies on youtube now surprisingly enough

Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future

If u look at ur 'windows rating' in detail it tells u what has the lowest score... i'd say fix that.

... *uses Shield Rifle*
    the1 is on a distinguished road

crap >_>
    ram is lowest with 1.6
    higher frequency ram mb? or more? its 2 sticks 333 mhz and 400mhz. both 512 meg
    probably the problem there
    cpu. celeron. 2.66 gig. rating of 1.8. i tried running programs with a pentium with half the power and no lag. ce for instance.
    video card. geforce 6200. rating of 2.9 for windows stuff and 3 for games.
    oh and i have a nice 5.2 for my hard drive :P
    got it. so i need new ram with a higher frequency. and more of it. and a pentium cpu equivelent to what i have now in celeron.
    ge thats much easier to follow than having a whole heap of benchmarking tools for everything XD
    no comment

Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute

Remember, ram will operate at the lowest frequency, so in your case all sticks will run at 333mHz, or so i've be told. So going by that, you'll need to buy some new ram. I get horrible FPS lag at the beginning of single player levels with 1GB of ram (533mHz), so it'll probably be a good idea to get two.

DaneO'Roo has a reputation beyond repute DaneO'Roo has a reputation beyond repute DaneO'Roo has a reputation beyond repute DaneO'Roo has a reputation beyond repute DaneO'Roo has a reputation beyond repute DaneO'Roo has a reputation beyond repute DaneO'Roo has a reputation beyond repute DaneO'Roo has a reputation beyond repute DaneO'Roo has a reputation beyond repute DaneO'Roo has a reputation beyond repute DaneO'Roo has a reputation beyond repute

what the fucking shit. Halo 2, essentially, is halo 1, with dynamic lighting + more bumps. Yet, you can't even run the fucking thing with a geforce 7 series? You could run games liek FEAR and Quake 4 at full settings with that, but halo 2, no? Fuck it, I'm staying with CE until they fix the damn thing.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information