+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tags aren't showing up in Explorer.

Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute

Tags aren't showing up in Explorer.

I've been workin on a map and when I go to create my shader_collections file I went to where my level's folder should be... but... the entire folder wasn't there. So I went back into Sapien and went to "Load Scenario" and it brought up the folder, inside I could see my tags with a few of the backups and whatnot that Sapein automatically creates.

The problem is... that same exact folder isn't reachable by explorer. I even tried going back to the parent folder in sapien's open box and right clicking on my folder->explore... it said that the folder could not be found.

Has anyone else had this problem? I can't figure out what to do about it...

EDIT: Apparently you need to click a "computability files" button for it to show the files.... stupid vista.
    Last edited by Llama Juice; June 19th, 2007 at 01:13 AM.

Dr Nick is on a distinguished road

Re: Tags aren't showing up in Explorer.

Do you know where the button is? I've run into the same problem.
    Steam =Hangintotheleft

Snaver is on a distinguished road

It's uac.

Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute

The button is right above the file browser part of the window in the first toolbar there. I found that... then later disabled UAC.. (right there makes vista 300% less annoying)

Vista is still anoyying though, don't get me wrong. This compatability files stuff is really starting to bother me. It's not that it's "hiding" the files, as it is moving them entirely to a seperate location. (doing so makes tool and such act rather funny....)

I spent a good 20 minutes on tech support with M$ about this.... where in the end they said that if i want to speak with someone who knows what they're talking about I'd have to pay $60. Or I could call HP... so I chose that (just to amuse the man...) and the HP guy pretty much said that vista sucks. Their "features" are miserable attempts at security.

On that note... if anyone knows how to disable this Combatibility Files thing... let me know.. please...

(this isn't just for Halo... it hid my .max file aswell in my 3ds/scenes directory... guess how scared I was when I went to load it and not only was it not there... but search couldn't find it....)

a bit of the old in-out Roostervier's Avatar
    Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute

Disabling UAC does get rid of the compatibility file thing. Restart your computer, or copy those files, past them in another folder, and paste them back. No more files should ever be separated by the Virtual Store any more.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information