Closed Thread

Thread: Halo Editing Kit...

DaaxGhost is on a distinguished road

Halo Editing Kit...

Okay, well I got all my tags back and and max. It exported fine from 3ds max 8. And i added a sky to the scenario did all the wepaon stuff. I lightmapped it. And tried to open it in sapien, sapein opened. A couple hours later i installed Halo 2 Vista and its map editor. I tried to re-open spaien for my map to finish it. It crashed I tried opening tutorial.scenario, it crashed. I uninstalled HEK and re-installed uninstalled halo ce and re-installed. It still kept crashing. Then I decided it stopped working after i installed Halo 2, I uninstalled Halo 2 and re-downloaded and installed HEK. It still crashed and there's no debug.txt that was created. I did a search for debug.txt nothing came up. I used tool and spaien at least twice and nothing!

Its really becoming an annoyance to me that I can't finish the map that has taken me almost a month to finish and it stops working at the last second.

Does anyone know what the problem may be?

Please Reply, I need Help!
    - DaaX

teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Halo Editing Kit...

Check your display settings; being in anything lower than 32 bit makes sapien go boom with no debug. Other than that I've never had this problem.

DaaxGhost is on a distinguished road

Re: Halo Editing Kit...

My computer settings are in 32 bit; But still no debug.txt, it just crashes.
    Last edited by DaaxGhost; June 20th, 2007 at 04:30 PM.

4.  #4
    willchocks7 is on a distinguished road

Unhappy Re: Halo Editing Kit...

ok, somewhere along the track of making your '.scenario' file in Sapien, you have either renamed the '.scenario' file or you have imported a 'tag' in to the scenario that is corrupt, or you have moved the .'scenario file'. this can crash sapien when you try to load the scenario up again.

If you renamed it you cant just put it back to it's old name. you have to start again...
    If you imported a corrupt tag, the .scenario file will never be turned into a '.map' file, unless you can find a way to open it up and remove the corrupt tags.
    If you did niether of these things if have no idea what is wrong.
    unfortunatly, you have to start the again... unless you can fix this of course
    I always keep backups of my .scenario files just in case this happens

Closed Thread

Thread Information