+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: WowLoader Source Code Discussion

Re: WowLoader Source Code Discussion

Thanks TheGhost.

Its good to see some pro-open source members around here. To much people here have a microsoft mentality on open sourcing.

CPU: 2.4Ghz Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz 1333FSB; GPU: Dual Geforce 8800GTX 768MB in SLI; RAM: 3x OCZ 1GB DDR2 1066; MOBO: EVGA nForce 680i SLI; HDD: 2x500GB Seagate Barracuda; PSU: 850W RX850-S-B; Monitor: 22" Viewsonic Optiquest widescreen LCD, 19" Starlogic LCD

Thumbs down Re: WowLoader Source Code Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by jahrain View Post
    Its good to see some pro-open source members around here. To much people here have a microsoft mentality on open sourcing.
    I'm confused, you're glad to see some members in favor of open source because "to much" people are for open source? Unless you were trying to suggest that Microsoft is against open source, in which case you would be wrong as usual (yes, those are three separate links).

Nick
    "I have only made this letter longer because I have not the time to make it shorter." —Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'm confused, you're glad to see some members in favor of open source because "to much" people are for open source? Unless you were trying to suggest that Microsoft is against open source, in which case you would be wrong as usual (yes, those are three separate links).

Nick

Lol, he was suggesting MS was/are against open sourcing. I like you're reply, a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Flapjack View Post
    I frikken almost fried my GPU by overclocking it so I could run it in Vista.
    sounds pointlessly unrelated to the problem. also, get a better gpu.

Could've Moved Mountains
    Blog Entries
    legionaire45 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Flapjack View Post
    1GB RAM
    1.73Ghz Intel Pentium M
    128MB Ati Mobility Radeon X300
    80GB HD
    ...Your expecting Halo 2 for Windows Vista to run well on a glorified 9600 XT?
    And I could have sworn the minimum CPU requirement for H2V was a 2.0 ghz CPU.

Also, if you almost fry components while overclocking, please don't continue. Im pretty sure your using the stock heatsink amirite? Not a good idea. Your better off buying a $30 7300 or going for something that doesn't suck. Like an $150ish 8600 GT.

Not to excuse the fact that they somehow managed to get a game that ran on basically a Geforce 3 and an 800 mHz Pentium 3 to not perform at least the same on a much much much more powerful platform, even with some features tacked on or "improved". Even taking console optimizations into account the PC simply has so much more power to use that it simply shouldn't run as bad as it does.

Thats way besides the point though. Nice job on getting the game to work on XP abcba. Were you the same guy (or in the group) who also got Shadowrun working on XP by any chance?
    Last edited by legionaire45; June 25th, 2007 at 02:58 AM.
    !

Quote Originally Posted by legionaire45 View Post
    ...Your expecting Halo 2 for Windows Vista to run well on a glorified 9600 XT?
    And I could have sworn the minimum CPU requirement for H2V was a 2.0 ghz CPU.

Also, if you almost fry components while overclocking, please don't continue. Im pretty sure your using the stock heatsink amirite? Not a good idea. Your better off buying a $30 7300 or going for something that doesn't suck. Like an $150ish 8600 GT.

Not to excuse the fact that they somehow managed to get a game that ran on basically a Geforce 3 and an 800 mHz Pentium 3 to not perform at least the same on a much much much more powerful platform, even with some features tacked on or "improved". Even taking console optimizations into account the PC simply has so much more power to use that it simply shouldn't run as bad as it does.

Thats way besides the point though. Nice job on getting the game to work on XP abcba. Were you the same guy (or in the group) who also got Shadowrun working on XP by any chance?

Yeah dude, if you read more closely, you'd see it's a mobility card...I.E. a laptop. I didn't overclock that much, 10-20%...but I haven't done it again and won't, which is why I really want the bugs on this to be worked out so I can play on XP, which, apparently for those for whom it works, gets a much better frame rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

Nick
    LOL

Your first post you posted in a WEEK, and it was another pathetic microsoft defense. Not to mention your post defies all principles of logical implication by insisting I have posted or said something which I haven't in order just to say that it was wrong, as usual. I'm sure microsoft loves the open source (first couple things that come up when googling microsoft + open source), but thats not my concern. My metaphorical statement on those with the "microsoft mentality on open source is" implies that they don't appreciate it, look down upon it as inferior, yet use it when convenient.

Btw no one is going to buy microsoft's current little "OSSL" act to fool us into thinking they are for free and open source software. You can tell them to give up while they are ahead if this is just another publicity stunt to fan off the media onslaughts. If they really want to prove the world wrong and show they have changed and truly support open source, they are going to have to do allot more than post some old code to some useless lite applications, and launch websites to post code on. Come back and tell me m$ is for open source when they announce DX10 for Linux.
    Last edited by jahrain; June 25th, 2007 at 08:15 AM.

CPU: 2.4Ghz Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz 1333FSB; GPU: Dual Geforce 8800GTX 768MB in SLI; RAM: 3x OCZ 1GB DDR2 1066; MOBO: EVGA nForce 680i SLI; HDD: 2x500GB Seagate Barracuda; PSU: 850W RX850-S-B; Monitor: 22" Viewsonic Optiquest widescreen LCD, 19" Starlogic LCD

I apologize to everyone. Digikid's Avatar
    Digikid is on a distinguished road

abcba: Thank you for this. I already have it downloaded and backed up.

I DO appreciate what you have done as will many others. Pay no attention to the naysayers here. They are just jealous that they have not thought of a way to do it themselves. :P

Well Done. You have shown us the light.......now we have to follow the path.

For some reason, Halo 2 seems to run with quite a bit of lag while I use this program. I have a Core 2 Duo #6600 (2.4Ghz), 3.2gb of ram, Radeon x1600 with 512mb of memory.

I should not be having these problems, anybody here have any ideas as to why my computer would have such problems with the game?

By the way, great program abcba!

Quote Originally Posted by Digikid View Post
    abcba: Thank you for this. I already have it downloaded and backed up.

I DO appreciate what you have done as will many others. Pay no attention to the naysayers here. They are just jealous that they have not thought of a way to do it themselves. :P

Well Done. You have shown us the light.......now we have to follow the path.
    qft thank you man!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information