+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: WowLoader Source Code Discussion

Re: WowLoader Source Code Discussion

Hey, how do you register it? I own the game, no worries, but I need to know how to register so I can play past the first mission.

Thumbs down Re: WowLoader Source Code Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by jahrain View Post
    Btw no one is going to buy microsoft's current little "OSSL" act to fool us into thinking they are for free and open source software.
    Cognitive dissonance.

Quote Originally Posted by jahrain View Post
    some old code to some useless lite applications
    All credibility obliterated.

Nick
    "I have only made this letter longer because I have not the time to make it shorter." —Blaise Pascal

Thank you very much abcba. What you've done is wonderful. I'm no programmer, but I have a friend who I think will love to see this. I already have Vista, but I'm for anything that will increase Halo 2's user base.

And I feel a hole in my stomach while I type this, but to our acclaimed map maker and esteemed Prometheus project leader, let's keep our quibble away from this thread, huh? This abcba guy's done some cool stuff, and he's been nice enough to let some people see it in all of its glory.

I know it may not be pretty for me after I post this, so let it be known that I still think what both of you guys do for Halo players and editors is cool.

(Can't we all just get along?)

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm not directing this at either of you personally (as if I could, we're on a series of tubes, after all). Because I know if I did, I would probably be destroyed.
    In the words of Johnny Storm, "Flame on!"
    Last edited by augie_doggy; June 25th, 2007 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baturkin17 View Post
    god i love these forums.
    so many appreciative people.
    <LOL>
    Dental equine viewing does seem to be a favored past time.

Could we please keep this thread relevant to the WowLoader Source Code and keep other discussion out?

Quote Originally Posted by Flapjack View Post
    Hey, how do you register it? I own the game, no worries, but I need to know how to register so I can play past the first mission.
    answer this dude cause I'm stuck in the same spot as him on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by MMFSdjw View Post
    We are not a community, we are a gang, watching and waiting for anyone weaker than us to unwittingly wander into our territory so we can beat the shit out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
    Ingame, hit home to bring up the blade, and "Join" XBL.

There are other ways, namely finding a certain patched MF.dll, placing THAT one inside the H2V install folder, and the loader's mf.dll into the windows/system32 folder, and away you go.

Live does work.

Reason the installer looks lame = Install IE7. It uses PNG transparency.
    Posted in another thread...I don't know if this works.

Quote Originally Posted by AAA View Post
    answer this dude cause I'm stuck in the same spot as him on this.
    Perhaps my first post wasn't clear enough.
    The reason the activation wizard does not popup when the disc is inserted, is because the loader doesn't support that specific use case.
    I've described what needs to be added but it doesn't look like there's anyone who's interested/capable.

umm...would this one not be easier? or do I HAVE to do it your way to have everything capable of working correctly?

http://liveu-87.vo.llnwd.net/flurl/m...asier...mb.JPG
    Last edited by AAA; June 25th, 2007 at 05:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MMFSdjw View Post
    We are not a community, we are a gang, watching and waiting for anyone weaker than us to unwittingly wander into our territory so we can beat the shit out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by abcba View Post
    I'm sorry you can't appreciate the effort on my part for what it is.
    However, the source code is right here, you're more then welcome fix it.

Cheers
    Please dont put words into my mouth.

It's not that I dont appreciate it. I'm saying, its currently at its max really. Your tricking it into thinking the OS that is running is vista/making it think that XP is compatible with the game. That is pretty much the only way to make it work. Sadly it has its limitations such as the live issue, but that isnt fixable right now.

But you fixed one thing I didnt think was possible. XP h2sapien

Also Nick. Everyone knows Microsoft doesnt like open source, they have been FORCED into open sourcing things to keep the numbers up and to keep the customers.

Why would you want to watch your character get shot by a corrupt US General when you can watch him get eviscerated by an eight-foot alien in purple body armour?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information