+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: WowLoader Source Code Discussion

Re: WowLoader Source Code Discussion

I have two questions,

First for abcba: Which compiler do you use?

Second for everybody: Has anyone tried using the Alpha release of the Alky compatibility libraries (http://www.fallingleafsystems.com/) with H2V?

Quote Originally Posted by DemonOne View Post
    Which compiler do you use?
    Visual C++ 2005.
    You'll need the Windows SDK for the Vista headers.
    And possibly also the DirectX SDK.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonOne View Post
    Has anyone tried using the Alpha release of the Alky compatibility libraries (http://www.fallingleafsystems.com/) with H2V?
    The alpha release only implements DX10 API's (not needed for H2V).
    And the implementation is far from being complete or even useable.
    Not a single DX10 sample from the DX SDK works with alky.
    Last edited by abcba; June 27th, 2007 at 08:10 AM.

Ok, just to get one thing out of the way first... abcba, you are my HERO. I'm normally just a browser on this forum, butI created this profile just to thank you. Running under XP, Halo 2 runs better on Medium at 1280x720 with 2xAA and loads in 1/3 of the time as running under Vista on Low at 1024x768 with no AA. Let me reiterate: MEDIUM LOADS IN ABOUT A QUARTER TO A HALF OF THE TIME ON XP AS LOW ON VISTA. I can only imagine how smokin the framerates would've been if I just kept the same video settings as vista. With the settings cranked (for my 6600GT and 1gb of RAM at least), the framerate was still better. Not only this, but THERE IS NO MOUSE LAG, so I can actually use my MX518 instead of my 360 controller and have a good experience. Lastly, running Halo 2 on XP ACTUALLY LETS YOU CHOOSE ANY ASPECT RATIO, RESOLUTION, OR REFRESH RATE YOU WANT. On Vista my options were "800x600, 1024x768, 1280x960, 1280x1024" and only 60hz. Now my options are "640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x720, 1280x768, 1280x960, 1280x1024, 1920x1080, 1920x1200" and there are a gazillion refresh rates. On Vista I was stuck with either crappy res and decent framerate at 1024x768 or decent res and crappy framerate at 1280x960. Now I can do what I do with games like Half Life 2 and play 1280x720 letterboxed on my CRT (with 2xAA on), and the framerates are SMOKING. This loader can only get better, and although with my lack of coding experience there is no way I can help, I appreciate all this work you are doing for free. You, one man have beaten an entire team at "Falling Leaf" to the punch, and they are planning on charging $10 for their H2V "compatibility libraries".
    Last edited by spartacvs; June 27th, 2007 at 01:53 PM.

Hey,

Can anyone provide the patched MF.dll for me? I tried using the Live interface ingame to register with my CD key, but Live and Network are still greyed out, and I can't continue the campaign after registering. So, if anyone can provide for me the patched MF.dll file, that would be lovely.

Thanks,
    - Flappy

Quote Originally Posted by Flapjack View Post
    Hey,

Can anyone provide the patched MF.dll for me? I tried using the Live interface ingame to register with my CD key, but Live and Network are still greyed out, and I can't continue the campaign after registering. So, if anyone can provide for me the patched MF.dll file, that would be lovely.

Thanks,
    - Flappy
    I have the second mf.dll that you supposedly use with the Live update that you need to do before signing in, but it's 4.0kb instead of 32.0kb and the game crashes at the first load screen when I use it. I still haven't been able to enter my cd key through the live interface yet.

hmph. I dunno what you're supposed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderman120988 View Post
    abcba, can you please just take one last look at your loader? for some reason it keeps asking for the disc when level 12-gravemind loads. apparently, everybody has run into this problem. if anybody can fix it, please?
    They seem to have solved that problem in this thread:

Well, I removed link just in case its not allowed.

Basically - you copy all the map files with the *.dtz extension from your halo 2 dvd to a folder on your hard drive. Use a program - ungzip.exe to extract them. program only extracts one at a time. Rename files back to the *.map extension. Copy files to the map folder in the Halo 2 directory. Thats it.
    Last edited by blibb; June 27th, 2007 at 05:31 PM. Reason: bad link

Goose Bay, labrador. It's melting here for some reason...
    Dr Nick is on a distinguished road

Ya know, there wouldn't be this problem if people read up on the compatability issues of Vista, and had an XP/Vista dual boot set up...

People are getting lazier and lazier...

Then there people like this guy, who get all the energy and persistence the lazies didn't want, and make creations like this!

Thanks for the contribution!
    Steam =Hangintotheleft

Vicky is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by spartacvs View Post
    I have the second mf.dll that you supposedly use with the Live update that you need to do before signing in, but it's 4.0kb instead of 32.0kb and the game crashes at the first load screen when I use it. I still haven't been able to enter my cd key through the live interface yet.
    Put the 32kb one in the windows\system32 folder and the 4kb one in the game folder, i got the network and live options enabled but they don't really work (can see servers but not join). One more step closer to full gaming

Quote Originally Posted by spartacvs View Post

Did you copy the 32kb dll into your system32 folder?

Edit: Nevermind

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information