+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Halo Lighting Tutorial/Guide - Part 1 and 2!

Veegie is on a distinguished road

Re: Halo Lighting Tutorial/Guide - Part 1 and 2!

Wow that looks fantastic.
    [05:42:58] <Corgy> I, THE STUPIDEST NIGGER EVER TO LIVE, WILL SAVE H2V FROM T3H EPIC F41L

I have a question relating to making the light-emitting scenery. I've followed the tutorial to completion, but don't see any light coming from the scenery when I test the map in-game. I think the problem might be some setting in my scenery's .gbx model file, under the Marker Settings where you say to attach the relevant .light tag. Does anyone mind elaborating on what rules to follow for all of the Marker Settings and what has to go where, so I can figure out where I went wrong?

Bastinka is on a distinguished road

Old thread. Why did you bump it?

Because it was related, and not yet lost to the ether or forgotten.

Back for the Russian Halo p0lar_bear's Avatar
    p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future

Dynamic lights DO NOT RENDER AT ALL in Sapien. Lens flares and lightmaps render, yes, but not dynamic .lights.

Also, Silent, what have we told you before about ripping on people who bump a thread with relevant info or a question?
    "Halo 1 didn't have proper mustache code and that's why the new mustache seems overpowered."
    -ejburke, Nov. 2011
    Tumbler Dot Com

Yes, I read the part of the tutorial where Sunny states dynamic lights wouldn't appear in Sapien, I was talking about compiling the map and hopping onto Halo CE to test it, my lights didn't appear then.

not my real name damn-it! kenney001's Avatar
    kenney001 is on a distinguished road

did you apply a .lens flare if it was not dynamic? If it is a non-dynamic light, you need a lens flare to glow and to re-run radiosity to make the lightmap it creates show up.

In my .light tag, the dynamic toggle is checked, so I'd assume it's dynamic (I do have a lens flare tied to the tag as per the tutorial though). Do I have to set a certain power under the tag's Radiosity section in order for the dynamic light to function? (I'll note here that I can't see any light in-game, no lens-flare, no dynamic light)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information