+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My personal H2Vista port of Yoyorast Island.

HCE to H2Vista Port Co. {TLS}Udie's Avatar
    {TLS}Udie is on a distinguished road

Re: My personal H2Vista port of Yoyorast Island.

I think I just got owned. I am going to take your advice **hunts for ideas**

Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute

I said what I said in response to other peoples posts, not yours.

Quote Originally Posted by {TLS}Udie View Post
    Dunno where you heard that.
    More like don't know where I saw it.

What are FireScythe's various applications? Can I have links to them?

Dunno where you heard that.
    what do you mean you dont know where he heard that? lightning told you someone else was porting it in your other thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
    "one is my H2Vista port of Yoyorast"

Sorry, don't count on it. Yoyorast will not give you permission for that, not to mention he already has someone else doing it.

And that crowd texture is.......well, it's a crowd texture.
    link 5th post on that page

Taiko Drums = Win
    Blog Entries
    FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of

That was the same person's thread. Undie made the haloball thread which he stated "one of my ports is yoyorast" and then he made this thread with yoyorast island.
    [5:58:08 PM] Sascha Burckhardt: going into max with my busted hdd atm
    [5:58:12 PM] Sascha Burckhardt: so if it goes LOLOL BORK
    [5:58:26 PM] Inferno: dont make me send you a fucking HDD on overnight

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhost View Post
    All I see is a model ripped without Yoyo or my permission. If you want the challenge, then we can't stop you, but you can do it without openly acknowledging it. There isn't really much to be said about "porting" it other than me opening up yoyorast_276.max and exporting as an ASS file. Run it through compiling and lighting and it's essentially done. Shaders is the only thing you'd have to do. If you want a challenge I would highly suggest making your OWN map.
    He's not going to release it so I don't see how it affects you. Let him do what he wants. Besides, something like this could be a good learning experience in how to deal with shaders, lighting and the like in H2V. Like you said, the work is practically done for him, so he can conveniently head straight into shader work. How nice.

I think I just got owned. I am going to take your advice **hunts for ideas**
    if you need any ideas, I can give you a few ideas I have, but just be warned I like to come up with map ideas with a Utah theme to them.

HCE to H2Vista Port Co. {TLS}Udie's Avatar
    {TLS}Udie is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    if you need any ideas, I can give you a few ideas I have, but just be warned I like to come up with map ideas with a Utah theme to them.
    Please Part of the reason I do this and not make maps is that I don't have a very good imagination as far as level ideas go.

Quote Originally Posted by Arteen View Post
    He's not going to release it so I don't see how it affects you. Let him do what he wants. Besides, something like this could be a good learning experience in how to deal with shaders, lighting and the like in H2V. Like you said, the work is practically done for him, so he can conveniently head straight into shader work. How nice.
    It has an effect if he's posting ripped models on the forums without the author's permission. There are plenty of other ways to work on shaders as well. I still stand by if he wants to become proficient at making maps, he should gain the experience by making his own. That's how we all did it, isn't it?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information