+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Halo 2 Dedicated Server Issue List

WindScar is on a distinguished road

Halo 2 Dedicated Server Issue List

Well I have a comment or two... plus a question or two....

How could Microsoft actually make a dedicated server worse than the port of the game ? .... jesus....

No documentation for downloading the update needed to run the Dedi successfully ... was lucky I saw the patch here...

Anyhow... it is a pain in the ass enough that you need to enter a Key and seperate live accounts for each instance but now it seems that theres problems with Multiple IP's

My Problem:

I rent a nice QuadCore server in Texas which I use for hosting and gameservers.... Nice server, good bandwith and connection etc.

I have 5 public IP's.... (glad I havent purchased more yet) there-in lies my problem....

I COULD NOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME GET HALO 2 DEDICATED SERVER TO LOGIN WHILE RUNNING MULTIPLE IP'S ON MY NIC

Only when I removed the others and only left the primary public IP would it login to live... Not so worried about having it run on multiple IP's but.. I can't even use them for other services because it will not work when they are latched to the NIC

Does anyone know of a way to specify what IP each instance uses or any type of work-around ?

It seems to me the reason it won't work with the additional publics on the card is either:
    1. h2server.exe trys to latch onto all publics (which won't work on the Live side)
    2. It lacks the capability to pick an IP to bind to by itself.

If anyone has a thought on a workaorund please let me know.... only thing I could think of is running it in a Virtual PC or VMware session but that is huge overhead.

Any insight is welcome.
    Feel free to add any "issues" to this string, might be able to hammer them out.
    Last edited by WindScar; July 4th, 2007 at 12:06 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information