+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [Map] Posterity_Beta

Re: [Map] Posterity_Beta

Are there incomplete textures on this map? I have some pure white and black areas in the map. I'm on a low level of detail, if that makes a difference.

Nope, thats because the lightmaps weren't run on the highest quality, they were only run at medium, high doesn't have black spots and im hoping super has zero problems.

I apologize to everyone. Digikid's Avatar
    Digikid is on a distinguished road

I will get this as soon as I get home from work. Nicely done!

Blog Entries
    Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser View Post
    FireScythe does it again! By far the best-playing and best-looking custom map of H2V, even in its beta form.

9.5/10
    It's so true it's sad. Everything else out there is crap compared to this beta even.

I'm trying to host a dedicated server with this map, and I'm running it as:

Map = Posterity_Beta

Is that wrong?
    Last edited by flibitijibibo; July 15th, 2007 at 02:56 AM.

This is how my matches were set up for my dedi:

[match]
    variant=3 Plots
    map=Posterity_Beta

But it took me ages to get the server to decide where to have my custom maps. I had to install it as a service to get it to register that ther were in the *dedifolder*\custom maps folder.

Okay, updating H2server fixed it. Server is up if anyone wants to play.

Nice map so far man! I think you've really nailed the forerunner look. Diggin' the interior with the glass on the floor, and the rest of the textures look nice. The ambient sound is good stuff. The middle ledges are very cool, and the doorways are just big enough for a hog to slide through with a bit of air. I know you mentioned the lighting needs some work, i hope the snow isn't so bright in the final build. i think you should work a bit on the snow, maybe add some jagged ice patches here and there to break up the texture a bit. There is also a spot over the exit on the right, which makes me think this wasn't originally supposed to be a snow covered map, but you changed your mind at some point. Kind of this jagged area where the snow and concrete (or whatever) meet together. It looks out of place as if the snow was originally a rock texture.
    Please take this as constructive criticism. Its impressive work with such little time using the editing kit.

OMG LIEK FU N00B!!1!

Only kidding. I always welcome criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Soilent Green
    I know you mentioned the lighting needs some work, i hope the snow isn't so bright in the final build.
    The brightness of the snow is pretty much going to be the same, but i've put some forerunner geometry amongst it to break it up. Altering this would mean changing the sky and its just a hassle running lightmaps over and over to see if its just right, plus snow is pretty shiny anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Soilent Green
    Kind of this jagged area where the snow and concrete (or whatever) meet together. It looks out of place as if the snow was originally a rock texture.
    Are you on about the tunnel entrance/exits? I know theres a few sharp edges where the UVWs join which I will try to fix.

On a side note, if anybody has gotten into a few games on this, does the weapon placement seem ok?

This is beautiful

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information