+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Few animation questions...

stan is on a distinguished road

Few animation questions...

Hello, how's it going?

I've got a number of questions about creating third person animations. About a year ago I made a video using Halo CE which included a number of custom animations ( I was going by LaP back then). Unfortunately, I've forgotten a lot of what I learned then, and, in the year since, programs and tools have changed.

I'm trying to create a pretty simple animation involving a spartan. I've got 3ds max 9 (trial) and gmax. I've got all of TheGhost's tools from Bluestreak. In the past I was able to import a spartan (or marine for that matter) model into 3ds max 8, import an animation using the animation importer, fiddle with the animation, and then export it using blitzkrieg.

Now, however, that doesn't seem to be working. For one thing I've been told that Blitzkrieg doesn't work with 3ds max 9. Instead I found HAX, which seems to be exporting the .jma, but when I try to compile them with tool, it doesn't seem to recognize the new animations.

I think the problem is I'm missing some intermediate step involving the biped. I remember from last year that after importing the gbxmodel, something had to be renamed or linked or something (bip01 something linked to something else, I don't know).

That or the HAX script just isn't working correctly.

Can anyone offer me any suggestions on how to animation succesfully using Project Bluestreak tools and 3ds max 9?

I'd appreciate it.

a bit of the old in-out Roostervier's Avatar
    Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Few animation questions...

Check your pms, I felt it more appropriate to give you the info I did there.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information