+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Visual Basic 2005 and Tool

Hybrid View

Visual Basic 2005 and Tool

Ok i decided to play around with VB I started an app but i would it to be able to compile maps, bitmaps, compile jms files, as well as set radiosity level with a slide bar. Any one know how i would go about in doing this. I tried but all i can get it to do is run tool. Do i need to declare something. Please help me.

Re: Visual Basic 2005 and Tool

what?
    some say that he pose's as Wave of lag on an internet forum, and that yelling into phones gives him sexual powers!
    all we know, is he's called the Stig.

Quote Originally Posted by korori View Post
    Ok i decided to play around with VB I started an app but i would it to be able to compile maps, bitmaps, compile jms files, as well as set radiosity level with a slide bar. Any one know how i would go about in doing this. I tried but all i can get it to do is run tool. Do i need to declare something. Please help me.
    Uh, i have made programs. with c#,and j#, and other stuff. c++; But VB.Net. uh, you should really make this app in c# or c++. becuase there have more codes. Ask FireScythe he knows tons.

Thats the thing i only know how to program in VB. I know its possible i just dont know how to go about it

What do you not know how to do? Open and save data to binary files? Processing the data into compiled formats? It would be easier just to make a GUI based application that sends commands to tool.exe, but thats something I don't know how to do in vb.

CPU: 2.4Ghz Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz 1333FSB; GPU: Dual Geforce 8800GTX 768MB in SLI; RAM: 3x OCZ 1GB DDR2 1066; MOBO: EVGA nForce 680i SLI; HDD: 2x500GB Seagate Barracuda; PSU: 850W RX850-S-B; Monitor: 22" Viewsonic Optiquest widescreen LCD, 19" Starlogic LCD

You can make batch files that sends commands to tool.exe.

Blog Entries
    Con has a brilliant future Con has a brilliant future Con has a brilliant future Con has a brilliant future Con has a brilliant future Con has a brilliant future Con has a brilliant future Con has a brilliant future Con has a brilliant future Con has a brilliant future Con has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Daax View Post
    You can make batch files that sends commands to tool.exe.
    This is what most people do for commands they need to redo all the time, but if you want to make an app that will enter the commands for you, like a visual interface, where you can put in specific values...
    Code:
    AppActivate(Path.Text)
    Windows.Forms.SendKeys.Send("your command here")

This makes your tool window the active window, then sends commands to it.
    Path.Text would be the name of the command prompt window when you're running tool. For me atleast, it's the path to the cmd.exe located in my CE root dir.
    Last edited by Con; July 21st, 2007 at 04:42 PM.

But that "code" you put on; you have to have the buttons/or the right keys on the form. or else it underlines it all and gives an error.

You could use the shell function...
    shell ("[tool location]\tool.exe [options]")

VB5 VB.NET C# C++ ANSI-C Python PHP Perl Bash Java JavaScript (X)HTML CSS
    KYON SHOOTS YUKI

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralBacon View Post
    You could use the shell function...
    shell ("[tool location]\tool.exe [options]")
    Thats one way, if you were using c#, or c++ i would be able to help. :\

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information