+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: h2vista programming to-do list

spookers622 is on a distinguished road

h2vista programming to-do list

I know Kornman and TheGhost have their hands full right now, but i thought we should make a list of everything we want that would improve h2vista further. To start it off i think there should be a custom sound compiler.
    Last edited by spookers622; July 24th, 2007 at 05:03 PM.

Re: h2vista programming to-do list

Uhh, what do you mean by maker. If you mean actually creating sounds they probly won't make that. Compiling sounds into halo 2's format is probly available with an unlocked tool mb. TBH, there aren't THAT many programs to be made, they already exist(ex: 3d modeling tools, sound creation, etc..). Any that need to be made that actually deals with halo2 and improving it, they will think of or already are in progress.
    Last edited by Skyline; July 24th, 2007 at 05:14 PM.

stunt_man has a brilliant future stunt_man has a brilliant future stunt_man has a brilliant future stunt_man has a brilliant future stunt_man has a brilliant future stunt_man has a brilliant future stunt_man has a brilliant future stunt_man has a brilliant future stunt_man has a brilliant future stunt_man has a brilliant future stunt_man has a brilliant future

First of all, I think most of the community realizes that Korn and Ghost aren't their employees. They're not going to help you whip up a list of 'things to do.'

Second of all, if we did, do you honestly think they would take it seriously? I mean, c'mon man - they don't have to take orders from anyone, they're doing this out of their own free will.

i didnt mean ity that way... i guess i shouldve called it: Tasks That It Would Be Appreciated To Be Accomplished By The More Talented Of The Halo Programming Community

Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute

It's rude of you to ask something like this of them. I don't think you quite understand the amount effort it takes, especially since you want to create a thread full of things that people want. The programmers are giving up their time to help us as it is, so don't push it. I really appreciate what the skilled programmers around here do. There aren't a lot of them, but they make a huge difference. Be patient, they are only going to work on what's most important.

ok...ok... i guess when i heard about what they were doing i did get a bit excited and greedy...

TheGhost has a reputation beyond repute TheGhost has a reputation beyond repute TheGhost has a reputation beyond repute TheGhost has a reputation beyond repute TheGhost has a reputation beyond repute TheGhost has a reputation beyond repute TheGhost has a reputation beyond repute TheGhost has a reputation beyond repute TheGhost has a reputation beyond repute TheGhost has a reputation beyond repute TheGhost has a reputation beyond repute

The truth of the matter is, and I'm not saying this to sound mean or anything, but we generally just work on what interests ourselves, what we have experience with, and that dictates what we spend our time on. Korn's expertise is with reverse engineering and the like, while I mostly work with 3ds max scripts. Sometimes -- many times -- our interests will collide and that really helps with progress. Korn may ask me to do something or I might ask him, but that stems from mutual respect and a sense of helping each other out. A laundry list, a wishlist, of to-do programs really doesn't help much at all. My best advice to anyone wanting something is to give it a shot yourself. And that's for a number of reasons that should be pretty obvious upon reflection.

ya, srry, no offence taken

EDIT: just out of curiosity, do you have a job that relates to this or do you do and did you learn this for fun

Collision model hce to h2v upgrader. I'm thinking of bundling it with the final release of my model upgrader, but I don't know if anyone else has started work on one. I found out the collision models are more identical in hce to h2v than the render models are so upgrading won't be as hard or buggy.

Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute

Memory hacks are all on hold until we can find out how to get the base address of a program. All the addresses are halo2.exe+offset. We know the offsets, but halo2.exe always changes.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information