Closed Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [APP/WIP] Halo 2 Third Person Hack

[APP/WIP] Halo 2 Third Person Hack [Updated: Aug 1st]

Updated August 11TH, 2007

Whoa! Massive update. Well seeing there are about 2 servers that have custom maps with only 1 person in each I decided to release the new version which has FOV for First Person (only for the default MP maps) <- I hope to change this in the future but for now it seems it is too difficult to figure out.

ScreenShots:

The MC in Third Person:

First Person FOV Before:

After:

Note: This was not taken on a widescreen resolution so the fov will be more then this which will actually be too far at times letting you see the end of the arm.

Video:

This video is unable to be displayed because the YouTube video tags were used incorrectly. Please review proper use of the tags here.
    I didn't have many songs so I used the first 2 I could find, one of which is from teekup.

Credits:

Bitterbanana for lots of help.
    Patrickssj6 for help with my noob questions.
    Conscars for testing/finding addresses with me.
    &
    Syuusuke - yes you tested this too.

Note: You will need Framework .Net 2.0
    Link to Framework .Net 2.0: Here

Download: Link
    Mirror: Link Thanks to Baturkin / Bacon

Updated: August 11th 2007 / Build 1.3

-Something many people doubted me about / couldn't figure out for themselves is Fov for First Person, I would have to agree it is/was quite hard to program/find, but it is included but for the Default multiplayer maps only.
    -There are some know issues with the hotkeys (The on/off ones) but they should work fine unless you press them rapidly.
    -Do not keep Third Person enabled otherwise it will crash the game if you exit / turn it on when not in a server so remember this.

Update(Old): August 1st 2007 / Build 1.2

-No longer creates it's own process for reading so the error message should not be displayed.
    -Along with that the directory is no longer needed (Just plug and play?).
    Last edited by Skyline; August 11th, 2007 at 06:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    Con has a brilliant future Con has a brilliant future Con has a brilliant future Con has a brilliant future Con has a brilliant future Con has a brilliant future Con has a brilliant future Con has a brilliant future Con has a brilliant future Con has a brilliant future Con has a brilliant future

Re: [APP/WIP] Halo 2 Third Person Hack

Like I said, you fucking win :awesome:

Awesome. I'll definitely be using this, or an improved version of this, when I get H2V.

I think Metroid is a pretty cool guy, eh finds missiles and doesn't afraid of anything.

I love the FoV hack out of the whole app.... very nice job

Nice.

But I can't get it to work. When I try and open the program it says invalid directory. But my halo2 is in the same spot as the directory in the program. D:

works like a charm, cept when you use vehics, very nice!
    edit: killer, put the fov hack program IN your h2 directory, i had that error first time too..

Why cant you just hook it to the halo2.exe process? Is it because you didnt find the base address (address always changes?)

Cant you just do halo2.exe + 36041 < address and get it that way?

Why would you want to watch your character get shot by a corrupt US General when you can watch him get eviscerated by an eight-foot alien in purple body armour?

I put it in my directory and still gives me the error. Directory is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by KiLLeR View Post
    Nice.

But I can't get it to work. When I try and open the program it says invalid directory. But my halo2 is in the same spot as the directory in the program. D:
    Ya that's partically my fault I'll code that differently next build. Try pressing the "..." button and setting the directory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Limited View Post
    Why cant you just hook it to the halo2.exe process? Is it because you didnt find the base address (address always changes?)

Cant you just do halo2.exe + 36041 < address and get it that way?
    See that's partially because visual basic is limited and maybe I just don't know how but I can't seem to get it to transmit the same data as it would if I created it as a new process it has more options; such as module which gets the main module (halo2.exe).

Quote Originally Posted by skyline View Post
    Ya that's partically my fault I'll code that differently next build.

See that's partially because visual basic is limited and maybe I just don't know how but I can't seem to get it to transmit the same data as it would if I created it as a new process it has more options; such as module which gets the main module (halo2.exe).
    Hmm, I heard VB6 had problems with vista but I thought VB.net was good =\

I would try but I dont have halo 2 yet pats on holidays too =\

You got msn/aim/xfire :O?

Why would you want to watch your character get shot by a corrupt US General when you can watch him get eviscerated by an eight-foot alien in purple body armour?

Closed Thread

Thread Information