+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [WIP]Forgotten_Falls

Re: [WIP]Forgotten_Falls

I like it! More detail!

Blog Entries
    TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute

Forerunner cavern? More I say!

i like it, dont listen to Snafs hes a "perfectionist" , Those "random Extrusions" make it look cool.

I think it's better to be a perfectionist than someone who half-asses things.

Random is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by SgtBotley View Post
    i like it, dont listen to Snafs hes a "perfectionist" , Those "random Extrusions" make it look cool.
    I would rather listen to snafu, He knows what he is talking about. And whats wrong with wanting things perfect. I know it will never be perfect but if I aim to be perfect and fall short, its still going to be better then if I leave it as is.

If I did not want comments on the model, then I would not have posted it. What snafu or anyone says could be improved helps me make a better looking map.
    Last edited by Random; December 24th, 2006 at 07:18 PM.

PlasbianX has much to be proud of PlasbianX has much to be proud of PlasbianX has much to be proud of PlasbianX has much to be proud of PlasbianX has much to be proud of PlasbianX has much to be proud of

Ill be your friend since you dont have any.

Always settle for nothing less than perfect. Why release a crap map, when you can push your self and release something spectacular.

Speak for yourself PlasbianX.

I like the way the map is heading, but the structures do need work; Try basing them off actual maps from Halo

rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute

I thought I already told you otherwise? Snaf is probably the most helpful person here, and whoever chooses not to listen honestly doesn't have a hope in hell of getting anywhere. Spoon-feeding compliments to people only inflates their egos and prevents them from actually ever improving their work. Why else would he tell people a horribly disfigured box is shit? Because it is, and if he told them otherwise they'd continue under the illusion that they were actually making anything besides a horrible mess. He even says what needs improving; you can't get much more helpful than that.

That said, I like the map so far. Looks both original and pretty nice, though it could do with some more of the typical Forerunner structures. Perhaps those large cube-like things on the floor and such? I'm thinking of the holobridge, right now...

Quote Originally Posted by SnaFuBAR View Post
    I think it's better to be a perfectionist than someone who half-asses things.
    Seconded.
    Take my hand and I'll show you what was and will be

lol, i come here to mainly get inspiration and to observe other peoples work. Compliments boost egos, and make that person enthusiastic about their project, what i see Snaf doing is puttin down their work, and giving help that matches what he would like to see. Something doesnt need to be perfect to be of a computer game standard. It has to be of a certain quality that if a developer released it in a game, the player wouldnt be confused as to wtf that model was doing in it.

Old classics like halflife, the gun models are most basic, but the skin makes it look good.
    I understand that Halo is a more poly friendly game than Halflife but the models dont have to be so intracate that you can see the moisture of a fingerprint on the Grip.

Sheesh!, yes i agree with aim for perfect, but when you reach a stage where you would believe that your model would pass for a game and are happy with it, dont be put down by harsh critisism, just have fun.

Thats what modelling is after all 'well it is for me', its a hobby.

Where am I putting down the work? Good lord, you would never survive in my world. You would probably /wrists... I'm being more helpful than you've ever been. Giving help with what I would like to see? You must have your head up your ass pretty deep. I give general design directions that would help to fit the style they're trying to achieve. You know, understanding design language and how to approach it, then divulging this information is actually helpful. I don't see you helping in any way.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information