+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: weird "glare" effect on an object at differnt angles....

not my real name damn-it! kenney001's Avatar
    kenney001 is on a distinguished road

Re: weird "glare" effect on an object at differnt angles....

ok i moved it to the other side of the leve, by the warthog spawns where its dark, and reran radiosity. same thing.

Do you have any flags checked off at the top of the scenery tag?

Bounding radius doesn't affect that. If you set it too high it will just cause all kinds of errors; people not respawning.
    Last edited by Skyline; September 4th, 2007 at 05:44 PM.

skyline, i was merely implying that the object was so massive i had to set the render bounding radius real high, sorry for the bad wording i was in the middle of something. As for your problem kenney, idk what else would cause that. Maybe try searching gearbox, theres usually a thread there for just about every problem.
    Last edited by Choking Victim; September 4th, 2007 at 05:51 PM.

Back for the Russian Halo p0lar_bear's Avatar
    p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future

Rotate it anyway, just for testing. Once you've seen if it does it or not, put it back.

Also, try swapping out shaders. And does it do this in Sapien, as well as in-game?

The only thing I can think of that would possibly cause that would be the perpendicular/parallel tint properties on the bottom of the shader tag, but you said you already tried it with all of those unset.
    "Halo 1 didn't have proper mustache code and that's why the new mustache seems overpowered."
    -ejburke, Nov. 2011
    Tumbler Dot Com

I have tried this with many other shaders, and other objects are using the same shader as the one i am using.

I rotated the model and moved it, and i reran radiosity. It still does it, but i noticed it is still when facing the same end of the beam, not a certain direction in the level.
    Last edited by kenney001; September 4th, 2007 at 09:56 PM.

Banned
    Jay2645 is on a distinguished road

Something must be messed up somewhere in the scenery tag then, look at the model, try to find any smoothing errors, I've heard they can cause problems like that.

Back for the Russian Halo p0lar_bear's Avatar
    p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future

Yes, I can say now that it's most likely a problem with the model itself.

Try clearing all the smoothing groups on it, and then recompile it. It's an I-beam with no curved surfaces, so smoothing groups aren't necessary.

If that's not the problem, check the geometry itself; look for anything that would give an error if it were collision geometry.
    "Halo 1 didn't have proper mustache code and that's why the new mustache seems overpowered."
    -ejburke, Nov. 2011
    Tumbler Dot Com

YAY and DAM at the same time: Whiplash Demon over at gearbox said to remove the fog. it worked, but now the level looks....eeeh....not as good as it was........

i need a happy median.

EDIT: SOLVED!!! I turned on true atmospheric fog in the shader, and kept the level fog. its gone now.
    Last edited by kenney001; September 4th, 2007 at 11:17 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information