+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [TUTORIAL] Placing Water in Your H2V Map

Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute

Re: [TUTORIAL] Placing Water in Your H2V Map

In your shader, set the material type to water.

Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future

I've sort of had it with the waterstuff, i had a good water shader... looked like water and animated, wanted to use it for another map so i just and only copied it to another folder, bitmaps etc were where they should be... was all good. Guess what, it didn't look like water on the new map and even worse, this i really don't understand, the original didn't work anymore either... didn't edit it, did nothing to it... got all weird colors etc... it did still animate but it was screwed up... sigh...

the weird colors i'm sure had something to do with the bitmaps. i had the same problem.. maybe you gotta find them again in the shader just to be sure.

Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future

That wouldn't explain why the one i copied suddenly changed.

did you try using the copied shader in place of your original on a map you already have it in use? and in the shader are any of the bitmap names red?
    it sounds funny to me.
    why did you copy it? you can use the same shader on many maps?
    Last edited by johnnyblaz20; September 30th, 2007 at 07:02 PM.

Yeah u can use the same water shader on every map, that would result in having the same reflection on every map...that's not my idea of mapping. None of the bitmaps are in red (i would have spotted that ). And as i said earlier it did work on 1 map, copied it to another for another map and the original didn't work as before, it's nuts.

sorry for stating the obvious, i'm sure you also have it in a place the shader_collections recognizes. other than i'm stumped. i'd just make a new shader if i were you..

Naming it different after copying seems to help, this time i copied and renamed the shader file and it worked at once like a charm. Maybe not use 'water.shader' as filename for every watershader.

So erm, now i got a pretty nice water plane, how do you create fog underneath? Tried some things but no fog yet.

you would place a +media plane under the water plane.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information