+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: [TUTORIAL] Placing Water in Your H2V Map

Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future

Re: [TUTORIAL] Placing Water in Your H2V Map

Just that? Don't i need a planar_fog shader or something?

Yea, i guess you do, I havent messed with fogs yet :/

Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future

Well that aint working, if u look at zanzibar there's an underwater shader... i'm pretty sure you'd need something similar except when i use that one i just get a see through foggy plane, there's no fog underneath or above.

To tell you the truth, I think you might of noticed this, but I havent, but I think if you use a box or sphere than a plane, would you get a box/sphere of water? Anyone willing to try gets cookies!

As expected that doesn't work, i'd love some cookies though

Anyone that has actually done this reply perhaps? Quoting the h2v bible is not that usefull (thanks anyway).
    Last edited by Vicky; October 3rd, 2007 at 08:19 PM.

Ya, you just place a plane about 5 max units below your water plane, give it a material number "look for materials in your modifier list if you didnt know". name it +media!? in the materials and directly. attach it to your map, no need for bitmaps just make sure you put the +media!? in your materials. and after compiling you have to go into your map scenario with guerilla and look for planer fog pallette. click add, and name it fog01 or something. click on the button by the shader area and look for the shader in tags/scenarios/skies/zanzibar/ and its called zanzibar fog something, i think its the one you were talking about. after that you have fog....
    and problems post back and i'll help.
    Last edited by johnnyblaz20; October 3rd, 2007 at 09:14 PM.

Ok tried that but no fog and the water is garbled and doesn't animate. Suggestions?

download armoman"s "more complex" map making tut if you cant figure it out after this, he explains it quite well in that.
    1 did you apply the right shader in the map's scenario file?
    2 remember you have to delete your whole map scenario, scenario bsp, scenario lightmap, and the rest of them out of your scenario/multi/map file before re-compiling. did you try that?
    3 umm maybe add a bitmap to the plane, any foggy looking one out of your f_im file but still set it as +media!? . thats all i did.

its trial and error, but once you get it once its cake. it was the same way with water for me.

oh 1 more thing. remember to set the plane's actual name to +media!? and than actually attach it to your map. remember also to name it the same thing in your materials.
    Last edited by johnnyblaz20; October 4th, 2007 at 08:23 AM.

1. yes
    2. not yet
    3. i'll try

I'll try the name as well, just called it fogplane.

Off topic, i thought instanced geometry wouldn't take up more memory during compiling as well but it appears it does or?

Still no luck, tried what u mentioned... didn't finish watching that tut yet... wow it's long... anyway, the water is less important if i can't get all the geometry on the map, looks like i gotta start making scenery...

(and i thought i'd never be exporting and compiling jms files again )
    Last edited by Vicky; October 4th, 2007 at 06:08 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information