+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: [TUTORIAL] Placing Water in Your H2V Map

Re: [TUTORIAL] Placing Water in Your H2V Map

You have to make sure your fog plane is named +meida?! in all areas in max. that is the most important thing. after that it is cake. p.s. if you wanna learn just about fog in that tut just skip to the end untel he has a plane in the pit. when you see it you'll probably be like ohhhhh, he was right. lol jk

Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future

I'll check tommorow, i'll let u know.

i just put a fog plane on the map i'm working on. lol

Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future

Ok it works I think the fogplane was a little too close to the water.

Bit of an early cheer, i either get the fog good or the water but not both...with fog the water still gets messed up

Would these have something to do with it? Can't remember seeing them at first:

(615): error X5608: Compiled shader code uses too many arithmetic instruction slots (69). Max. allowed by the target (ps_2_0) is 64.

### DX9 tag 'shaders\shader_passes\water\water_pool' has one or more colorsign bits set
    Last edited by Vicky; October 5th, 2007 at 04:36 PM.

are you using a pool shader or ocean shader for your water?

Pool.

either you have your shader material in 2 places the submaterials in max.
    you have goofy bitmaps in your shader.
    or you have 2 shaders with the same name.
    it might to be with your bump bitmap in your shader. do you have it to 0-16?
    well it could be any of the above. or not. just trying to help.
    did you mess with your structure. bsp?

No i don't have the same shaders in max, i use the single player bitmaps that korn provided, water, fresnel and the zanzibar cubemap. When i mess with the water in the structure bsp it looks pretty cool in sapien, when submerged and looking up it blurrs objects outside the water but when i build my map (after doing some stuff with the water in the bsp) it won't show up in h2v.
    Last edited by Vicky; October 7th, 2007 at 04:58 PM.

I'm pretty sure its supposed to blur images outside the water when your inside it. but hu. i never have that problem. i always mess with the bsp too. have you ever tried to make water with an ocean template? i cant get a clean picture, havnt messed around with it too much. but the cool thing about that is you can raise the level of the water in the bsp. and it goes on and on all over you map at the same level.
    anyways i was asking if you have your "water" shader assigned to 2 materials in max..
    or i remember you said you copied your water shader. if you have 2 copies of it.

Copied it from a previous map to my current map. I've tried 2 or 3 ocean shaders but then i don't get any water at all, just fog... maybe combine ocean shader and messing in the bsp?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information