+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [WIP/Recruitment] Teh Wankz Map Pack

Banned
    Inferno is on a distinguished road

Re: [WIP/Recruitment] Teh Wankz Map Pack

dude. have you played them? no. and this is WIP
    so if your gonna say there mediocre. give a reason. so i can work on them.

fatso784 is on a distinguished road

A reason? More variety.
    I've been away from the forums recently due to work in XNA. If you wish to follow my progress, check out my blog on RPG development. Don't expect free cookies.

Huero is on a distinguished road

Why would a forerunner area have torches or warning stripes?

malolo420 has a brilliant future malolo420 has a brilliant future malolo420 has a brilliant future malolo420 has a brilliant future malolo420 has a brilliant future malolo420 has a brilliant future malolo420 has a brilliant future malolo420 has a brilliant future malolo420 has a brilliant future malolo420 has a brilliant future malolo420 has a brilliant future

They look much better then the beta.
    Can't wait to play again, they were fun maps.

Banned

well the reason i had torches is because its a forunner arena. and i though what would a cool arena have in it... and i though FYRE!!! i guess thats cause i played to much nox... and i dont know what warning stripes your talking about...

and by variety what do you mean. like variety in the maps as a group cause i got enough of that. (a covenet map a forunner map high up a underground map a swamp map and a sanctuary type map.)
    or do you mean in like the maps design being similar. cause if you played them there not very similar. they all have a certain flow to them that seems different.

explanation of each map real quick i guess.

circle pit - small and intense. i designed it for 2-3 players sometimes 4. the game play is similar to that of a mosh pit XD and thats why its called the circle pit.

backslash- its sort of a horizontal map. i decided not to have any "floors" just make it all leveled out and elongated. i added the shield doors recently i don't know how well it will work out game play wize but ill see soon when i get a chance to test.

vertigo- its sort of a symmetrical and asymmetrical maps at the same time. its real fun to play ( i beta played it with some guys about a week ago... we played around 4 hours ) but as the name suggests its very vertical and its all about getting to the top on objective game types.

hypothermia- its a VERY non-linear map. its kinda wide open and you can go around the map were you want (unless you stray to far from the bases and you start to freeze to death) ive put the power weapons farther out in the open so going for the rockets or the flamer is dangerous and the vehicles on the map are fun to use especially on team game types.

-dismal 2 hasnt been played yet cause its not done

-cliffside hasnt either.

Huero is on a distinguished road

Still, torches wouldn't be found in a forerunner area; you could still do something interesting with them, but the torches right now just look... Stupid.

Banned

well i really like them...

but maybe ill change em to like a energy fire or a becon... or a red fire on red side and a blue fire on blue side. that would be cool

Kiwibird is on a distinguished road

All the maps look nice except for Backslash. The display cases for the weapons look way out of place. They are just cuts into the wall and look totally unnatural, I think you should just let the weapons lay on the ground.

I like Vertigo a lot, I would definitely download it. I would probably download all of them except Backslash, it just looks like a Longest clone, and I hate small maps. That's just me though.

I'd be glad to help, if you need anything just send me a PM.

Elite Killa has much to be proud of Elite Killa has much to be proud of Elite Killa has much to be proud of Elite Killa has much to be proud of Elite Killa has much to be proud of Elite Killa has much to be proud of Elite Killa has much to be proud of

I like how in Backslash that the shield doors work like the ones in Snowbound, when bullets and grenades are deflected yet the players can walk through it. Nice job implementing that in.

I don't like the G36 model. It doesn't look that good.
    Last edited by Elite Killa; September 19th, 2007 at 07:12 PM.

not my real name damn-it! kenney001's Avatar
    kenney001 is on a distinguished road

Turbosquid weapon models...........

Especially the Glock. You either downloaded it or ripped it from falujah.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information