Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I can't get Half-Life 2 to launch.

I can't get Half-Life 2 to launch.

So I just reinstalled Half_life 2 off my CD, and everytime I click Launch... nothing happens. I see it appear on my taskbar, then it just goes away. Anyone else had this problem?

I think Metroid is a pretty cool guy, eh finds missiles and doesn't afraid of anything.

Re: I can't get Half-Life 2 to launch.

do you have steam running?
    Last edited by Stealth; October 1st, 2007 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Computer fucket up, didn't add the " running" but it did add the "?"

Stealth, if you don't know what you're talking about, don't speak. Half-Life 2 REQUIRES you to play Steam. If he's talking about launching the game, then he's talking about launching it off of the ONLY THING YOU CAN, which is Steam.

Is it fully updated? Have you restarted Steam? Did you troubleshoot the problem with the Steam troubleshoot function? You can also ask on the Steam forums.

I did everything there except asking on the Steam forums... I went there before and it was a rabid downs-fest. I was hoping someone here would have the answer so I wouldn't have to resort to that, but it might be the only option.

I think Metroid is a pretty cool guy, eh finds missiles and doesn't afraid of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
    Stealth, if you don't know what you're talking about, don't speak.
    Agamemnon, if you don't know what I'm thinking, or was thinking, don't say anything rude. looks like I missed a word, I geuss my computer froze when I was trying to type "running", I've been busy trying to back up files on my computer, so my computer has been slow lately when I'm backing up files.
    Fried, try reinstalling Steam, and if that doesn't help, try running Half Life 2 again, this time with Task Manager running in the back ground, see what's going on with it.
    Last edited by Stealth; October 1st, 2007 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    Agamemnon, if you don't know what I'm thinking, or was thinking, don't say anything rude. looks like I missed a word, I geuss my computer froze when I was trying to type "running", I've been busy trying to back up files on my computer, so my computer has been slow lately when I'm backing up files.
    Fried, try reinstalling Steam, and if that doesn't help, try running Half Life 2 again, this time with Task Manager running in the back ground, see what's going on with it.
    "steam running" and "steam" are pretty much going to give the same impression Stealth. If it's not running, he could of launched it, if he didn't have Steam, he would be launching it. So really, what you posted made do sense.

Are you running it on Vista Fried?

Nope, XP SP2, and I've been able to run it just fine in the past. I just installed off my CD, let it update, and now it won't work

No one has answered you on the Steam forums? And there's always the other alternatives of Steam cracks as well.

Well I don't really feel like playing it anymore, this is too much work.

This same thing happened to me with CSS, i just uninstalled it, then installed it again like 6 months later, heh

Closed Thread

Thread Information