+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: changing video settings

Jentry15 is on a distinguished road

Exclamation changing video settings

i was wondering if anyone could tell me what i need to do to make my campaign and online quit being so skippy. i'm almost positive it's not my computer cuz i have a dual core 3.0 ghz a geforce 8500gt and 2gb of ram so i'd appreciate it if you could. thanx

Flyboy is on a distinguished road

Re: changing video settings

Check your drivers, make sure their up to date, also, close any programs you have running while playing.
    It is?

well i never have any programs running while playing but how do i make sure they're up to date because my computer is brand new but ty anyways

Mr Buckshot is on a distinguished road

Geforce 8500 GT is not a great video card at all, try lowering your graphical settings and/or resolution in the game. You can get a good framerate despite it being a low-end video card, but you gotta have the right settings.
    mini ITX build: core i5 2320, 8 GB RAM, Geforce GTX560 Ti

What? Are you DENSE? Are you RETARDED or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn BATMAN.

jeffro11 is on a distinguished road

Try the game at 1024x768, any higher that card will have an issue with.

Yeah, the default settings a game automatically puts you on are not always the most ideal settings. I was put on 1024x768 on highest, which I changed to 1680x1050 on low-medium, 2xAA.

What? Are you DENSE? Are you RETARDED or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn BATMAN.

jeffro11 is on a distinguished road

One thing you have to realize about the Nvidia 8 Series cards is this... Just because the number is higher than the 7 Series, doesn't mean it performs better. All the 8 was introduced for is the DirectX 10 support. The 8800GTS (320mb) is on par with the Nvidia 7900 GTX (256mb) in DirectX 9 games. So just like that the 8600 is worse, probably on par with the 7600 GT. Then it goes down to the lowest 8 series, the 8500... I have no idea what this card's equivalent is. My recommendation would be to purchase a 8800GTS in November when Nvidia slashes the prices.

The Geforce 8500 is close to a 7300 GT (the GT has 8 pipes and 128-bit memory). You can run new games at medium or high settings, but the framerate may take a hit.

If you want to run H2V on the highest settings (which are super-lame) and get good frames, upgrade. If not, stay at low settings (it looks almost as good as the Xbox version). Going to high settings will improve the graphics VERY slightly - it'll be hard to notice significant difference apart from a halved framerate.

Finland, not the place I want to be in...
    Caboose O'Malley is on a distinguished road

When you say skippy, do you mean stuttering? Do the frames get more smooth when not moving? Are the cinematics lagging too?
    -Run a Selective Startup
    -Defrag
    -Update all drivers (you can check to see if they're already up to date through a link in the stickies link section)
    "There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring, I'd like to think that I'm walking along that line everyday." - Church, RvB

Read this before posting here about tech issues regarding H2V!

ok well thanks everyone i figured it out though but i'll keep that all in mind and i am probably getting a 8800 soon so that'll help

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information