+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How to be a Good Sportsman in Halo PC and CE Guide

How to be a Good Sportsman in Halo PC and CE Guide

Ive noticed over the past couple of years the amount of negative waves and comments during multiplayer games in Halo PC and CE, particularly CE, and even more particularly the CMT Snow Grove servers. So Ive decided to create a neat tip guide on how to behave properly during multiplayer sessions, plz take them into consideration.

Tip 1
    Dont use very provocative language.
    Some people think that this makes them all cool and what not, but in reality it just shows how pathetic you are and makes you a sore loser, even if youre winning the match. Using words like damn and WTF/STFU are fine, NEVER use words like nigger and other racist words as well as sex terms, not only does it make you a pathetic loser, its morally wrong.

Tip 2
    Dont use "leet language" or "gamer language".
    Words like noob, or hax0r, once again is pathetic, really good gamers dont use the terms AT ALL, plz show everyone some respect, even if they give you none in return, Terms like "owned" and "pwned" are acceptable if it is a certain situation, like getting sniped in the head or shot point blank by a shotgun.

Tip 3
    Never accuse anyone of being a botter.
    I cant stress this enough, most people that do this are mostly the weaker players that are jealous of your talents, if you think they are botting, then just silently kick the tar out of them using good ol skillz, theirs nothing more satisfying then seeing a botter get fustrated at the fact that youre STILL winning.

Tip 4
    Use whatever weapon you want.
    Another big one, the developers put certain weapons in for a reason, for you to USE THEM, remember that everyone has diffrent preferences when it comes to weapons, some like close ranged, some like long range, and some like both, and some like heavy weapons, it angers me to no end when someone rants about you being a "heavy noob" BECAUSE YOU KILLED THE VEICHLE THEYRE DRIVING, ISNT THAT THE PURPOSE OF THE ROCKET LAUNCHER? So go ahead and use that RL or BRG if you want to, even against non veichle enemies.

I hope that this guide is taken into consideration by many gamers here, and if you have any other usefull tips, plz post them, and the really good ones ill post in this guide
    Last edited by jedimas4; October 6th, 2007 at 05:22 PM.

Taiko Drums = Win
    FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of

Re: How to be a Good Sportsman in Halo PC and CE Guide

Sex terms are fun though,
    [5:58:08 PM] Sascha Burckhardt: going into max with my busted hdd atm
    [5:58:12 PM] Sascha Burckhardt: so if it goes LOLOL BORK
    [5:58:26 PM] Inferno: dont make me send you a fucking HDD on overnight

Huero is on a distinguished road

About #3; when they constantly have a fix on your head, there's no chance.

m13120 is on a distinguished road

A good attempt at trying to make the gaming world of halo a better place, but still useless.

Saying things like "owned" or "pwned" can actually be considered provacative language, since whenever I see people say it in a game, the people they "pwned/owned" just start cussing right back at them. And to be honest, there is nothing wrong with using "gamer language or leet language" as you say. The best players I've seen play use it all the time, nothing wrong with it. The reason people call others rocket noobs etc, is when they constantly use them over and over, and not only for vehicles. Even I use it now and then to take out vehicles, but I rarely ever use a rocket to kill a pedestrian, that is what is "noobish." Like you said, weapons are there for a reason, but people misuse them all the time, and all we can do is deal with it.
    Last edited by m13120; October 6th, 2007 at 04:05 PM.

Taiko Drums = Win
    FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of

#3 is not at all retarted. Just don't claim botting w/o proof. I hardly ever get frustrated with botters because I know they're not.

Huero is on a distinguished road

Well gee, I don't think that's what he said, is it? I'm arguing his point, not yours.

Taiko Drums = Win

Well gee, I don't think I was ever talking to you.

m13120 is on a distinguished road

I hope you weren't talking to me either because I was only replying to the topic starter.

Sever has a brilliant future Sever has a brilliant future Sever has a brilliant future Sever has a brilliant future Sever has a brilliant future Sever has a brilliant future Sever has a brilliant future Sever has a brilliant future Sever has a brilliant future Sever has a brilliant future Sever has a brilliant future

I have actually singlehandedly destroyed a botter using effective and innovative tactics. Yes, he was actually botting, and no, he didn't get that manny kills. Its just pathetic to cheat, yet its humiliating to cheat and LOSE. Every skilled player should go one-on-one with a botter to improve their skills.

to m13120: what i meant was that if you like to use RLs all the time, then thats okay, as i said, everyone has prefrences, if you dont like it, then find a good counter measure against him, simple as that,i dont know what good players youre talking about, I have never seen any pro or good gamer use those terms, this is just what ive seen, besides, we should all try to be above the petty flaming wars

oh, and if you feel humiliated by a pwnage, dont cuss then, its a mental thing moer than anything, cant people just try to use some restraint

based on my experiences, the one or two botters i HAVE encounterd i DESTROYED, my point is that most botters are newbies that want to cheat because they have no skills
    Last edited by Timo; October 8th, 2007 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Triple post

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information