+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: [WIP] Sandstorm -- Public Beta (and pics)

Wrong in so Many Ways Boo Diddly's Avatar
    Boo Diddly is on a distinguished road

Re: [WIP] Sandstorm -- Public Beta (and pics)

well, I think I’m going to fix a few of the lighting colors *coughtowercough*

well, can you explain a bit more about the sandy look throughout the interior? mind you that the cavern won't be changing in "feel", but I may change the fountain a bit to make it look better in time.

Just wondering, what random colors in which third picture?

finally about that very purple picture; That’s what happens when you give lighting effects to a texture that is used a lot... I was trying to go for a faint purple which created just a tiny amount of purple, instead it was way too big. That idea got scrapped.

The reason why there are yellow tiles are simple, this was a temple of sorts in this area. That’s the reason for the "ruins" above, the tile that is partially covered by sand, the statue with the spinning object floating in mid air, and the fountain. The glowing pillars are not natural and serve an unknown purpose.
    The metal buildings and tower have a different story. It seems between the time the forerunners activated the rings and the humans and covenant landed, something came there and built some sort of outpost. They ripped out the tile and some other buildings that might have been there, leaving the basement and staircases intact. Then they built the buildings on top of these cleared areas. They also seem to have installed teleporters in the ruins, blocking off any entrances to other parts of the ruins buried beneath the sands.

When the forerunners created these ruins, they also created an entrance to other parts of the ring. Unfortunately the path to this area has broken off and leaves what is beyond a total mystery...

EDIT: Just to add, I'm nearing some kind of triangle limit. Past a certain ammout radiosity refuses to run and complains about too many polys (and says to rebuild or something... doesen't work obviously).
    Last edited by Boo Diddly; January 20th, 2007 at 05:22 PM.

Teroh is on a distinguished road

Holy crap I just saw this thread today, and I want to play with some people. I can set up a dedi right now.

rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute

Wow.

I actually need to play this later...
    Take my hand and I'll show you what was and will be

Yeah setting up the Dedi now...

Dedi set up! Who wants to play?

Wrong in so Many Ways Boo Diddly's Avatar
    Boo Diddly is on a distinguished road

i can run a dedi from my computer, but I cant leave it on the whole time. The name will be Sandstorm Beta Testing. It appears on the ingame lobby, but not xfire (at least that is what it looks like). If you have xfire going though and xfire sees what server you are in, you can put the server on the favorite list.

Anton is on a distinguished road

Wow, this actually looks pretty good. I'm downloading now :P

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information