Closed Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Crysis is so close...

FireDragon04 is on a distinguished road

Re: Crysis is so close...

WOAH!!!!

That was amazing!
    Loaded up the demo, you get swung straight into the first level, and it's pretty lengthy to say that. With a great opening and amazing voice actors i was like wow. But soon i found i ran out of ammo quicker then ever before so i had to use stealth and strength to take down some of my enemies, before the very confusing, yet amazing ending to the demo.

I love the whole 'in game' swing into cut scenes they feel very natural.
    The graphics looked great and the wide arsenal already this early in the game is great.

My only real complaint would be the difficulty finding ammo, the enemies seemed to react very well and although it was set to 'normal' difficultly it was pretty easy.

I personally was not going to buy the game for a while, but i think i may have to pick this one up when its released because i want to play through the rest of this action packed shooter.

Great first views and hopefully more people with able computers () will be able to comment aswell.
    I played on 'set to system specs' option, which set everything at medium to my computer and everything looked gorgeous.

And if anyone isn't sure how they will handle my specs are below and i run the game at medium in SP and MP and get amazing frame rates both ways.

Processor: Athlon 64 X2 5200+ (2.6GHz Dual Core)
    RAM: 2GB
    Graphics: Geforce 8600GT

But yea, I'd recommend playing this to anyone who can handle it, it's pretty much sold the game to me. While the MP Demo did not.

PS: On medium setting my setup got me between 70-75fps lowest i saw it was 70 so i was pleased.

Has anyone got the sandbox editor to work? I get an error trying to install it.

FireDragon04 is on a distinguished road

I didn't even know it was released yet?
    Ah i see now its in the EA/Crytek/SP Demo/Installer folder.

Oh wow, the Sandbox Editor is...wow....different!
    Never seen FarCry's (never played FarCry) but its editor is supposedly alot like this...
    Last edited by FireDragon04; October 26th, 2007 at 08:15 PM.

j͆ͪ͟c̓̊͜a̎ͨ̈́ͧṗ̵ ̏ͭ̃sͪ̊͊̒͌̒̏t͗͗ͩͮo̧̊̒̎̽̇̌̋ṗ̸ͪ͑ͩ̐ InnerGoat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by KiLLeR View Post
    Played it on very high and mostly got 15-20fps. Will play it later on lower settings.
    Don't you have a 320mb 8800GTS? You might want to run the textures on medium, because I was running around 460MB at only 800x600... Over 560mb at 2304x1440...
    #modacity

640mb*
    Played it on high and got improved fps. 30-40. With 1024x768 res.

j͆ͪ͟c̓̊͜a̎ͨ̈́ͧṗ̵ ̏ͭ̃sͪ̊͊̒͌̒̏t͗͗ͩͮo̧̊̒̎̽̇̌̋ṗ̸ͪ͑ͩ̐ InnerGoat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute

Oh. Nice to know very high makes an even larger hit.

edit- 26mb of big pictures. Not really spoilers at all.

[wshot]http://www.h2vista.net/innergoat/net/crysis_demo/Crysis_2304x1440_7950GT512mb%20(23).png[/wshot]

[wshot]http://www.h2vista.net/innergoat/net/crysis_demo/Crysis_2304x1440_7950GT512mb%20(13).png[/wshot]

[wshot]http://www.h2vista.net/innergoat/net/crysis_demo/Crysis_2304x1440_7950GT512mb%20(19).png[/wshot]

[wshot]http://www.h2vista.net/innergoat/net/crysis_demo/Crysis_2304x1440_7950GT512mb%20(4).png[/wshot]

[wshot]http://www.h2vista.net/innergoat/net/crysis_demo/Crysis_2304x1440_7950GT512mb.png[/wshot]

Last edited by InnerGoat; October 26th, 2007 at 09:53 PM.
    #modacity

Man, the koreans sounds freaking hilarious, speaking English. I don't know if they did this on purpose, but my guns are a lot weaker than what I'm use to in farcry. Well at least managed to play on low on my crappy X1300 PRO.
    Join me..................

http://na.llnet.cdn.ea.com/u/demos/Crysis_SP_Demo.exe

Fastest download link I can find.

EDIT:

Nvm, already posted...
    Last edited by jahrain; October 26th, 2007 at 10:38 PM.

CPU: 2.4Ghz Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz 1333FSB; GPU: Dual Geforce 8800GTX 768MB in SLI; RAM: 3x OCZ 1GB DDR2 1066; MOBO: EVGA nForce 680i SLI; HDD: 2x500GB Seagate Barracuda; PSU: 850W RX850-S-B; Monitor: 22" Viewsonic Optiquest widescreen LCD, 19" Starlogic LCD

I've got it installed, but I cant find out how to actually start the game or the sandbox. I dont see any .exe's and there's no shortcuts installed.

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis SP Demo\Bin32

Closed Thread

Thread Information