+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Halo 3... the Official Inconsistencies and/or Stuff-Left-to-Be-Desired Thread

Banned
    Dole is on a distinguished road

Re: Halo 3... the Official Inconsistencies and/or Stuff-Left-to-Be-Desired Thread

^Now THAT would've made for an interesting spin on decals.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterz1337 View Post
    What are you trying to say? I hope you know you just agreed with my first post.
    I hope you know I didn't. I did say it would've looked like that for the majority of the game, but I never said it would be irritating.

Re: Halo 3... the Official Inconsistencies and/or Stuff-Left-to-Be-Desired Thread

Semantics. I think the bungie forums are calling you.
    DSalimander: i think id be a pretty girl
    Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy
    I just can't help myself.... I just love Steve [Jobs].... there is just something about him....I like his ways and I think its the jeans and turtle necks he wears and at times stubbles on his face, he appears to be a down to earth guy..... can't wait to see him again!

Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by FriedMetroid View Post
    D:

All the impact effects for plasma are lame tbh, they could have been so much cooler
    tbh? I agree that they could be way cooler, but we'll live without it, I guess. The game is still very good without plasma turning sand to glass though.
    Last edited by Hotrod; October 28th, 2007 at 08:54 PM.
    What do you call a lasgun with a laser sight on it? Twin linked :3

Goose Bay, labrador. It's melting here for some reason...
    Dr Nick is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrod View Post
    tbh? I agree that they could be way cooler, but we'll live without it, I guess. The game is still very good without plasma turning sand to grass though.
    I love typos!
    Steam =Hangintotheleft

Banned
    Dole is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Masterz1337 View Post
    Semantics. I think the bungie forums are calling you.
    Says the guy who stuck his own meaning on my words to begin with.

Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Nick View Post
    I love typos!
    Lol, so do I.
    What do you call a lasgun with a laser sight on it? Twin linked :3

Warning : The following post contains major spoilers.

I agree with all in the first post. Better plasma decals would have been cooler too... Come to think of it, the scarabs don't even leave a scorch mark when they blow. Talk about odd 0_o. On the subject of Scarabs, I'm also confused as to what's moving them around once you clear out the crew... though they ARE technically hunters on the hugest scale ever, I still don't get how they can still function perfectly.

Another problem I had was Gravemind's voice. In Halo 2 it was all echoy, and it had some neat distortion... now it just sounds like... an albeit deep voice. This is very obvious when the audio is reused from h2 for the line, "We exist together now... two corpses in one grave." This was in h2 when he was referring to Mercy, and reused when he's talking about Cortana. It's preceded by a h3-style line, "Of course... You came for her." There's a very stark contrast, and the h2 audio just sounds better to me.

The doors on High Charity also bring up some concerns. The style from H2 to H3 changed dramatically, to the point where the h3 ones don't even look very covie-ish. I don't see why you'd up and completely change the style of doors like that. High Charity in general didn't feel like an infested Covenant city until the reactor part/finding Cortana. (Speaking of which : why would HC have reactor cores if the Dreadnaught was its power supply... Though I guess one could argue auxillary power and whatnot.) Also, where was the blinding light coming from? flood levels are dark and scary, not insanely bright and orange.

..And still more inconsistencies - The Control Room. It's so... different. Where was the sniper tower? The design in general changed alot, most noticably on the interior. WHY make it so different? I get new art style and all, but the entire layout like that? Only the core room itsself was the same, and even then I missed the reflective glass . The level also was really inconsistent - the door you exit on to get to the hogrun was, in h1, the door tot he second canyon. It's these layout things that bug me; they culd have had you go through a blown-open wall or something, and avoid screwing up the Alpha Halo layout continuity. I get how the way you come in would normally be hidden by the waterfall, but why would the ring's layout be so dramatically changed?

I could also do a whole essay on Gravemind/Cortana and their interaction with the story, but that's for another post.
    Last edited by teh lag; October 28th, 2007 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrod View Post
    tbh? I agree that they could be way cooler, but we'll live without it, I guess. The game is still very good without plasma turning sand to glass though.
    Well, I always wished that with the plasma weapons you would see stuff like the extreme heat burning wood, or melting glass, or making water steam. At least it's not as bad as in Halo 2 where the shots just disappear :\

I think Metroid is a pretty cool guy, eh finds missiles and doesn't afraid of anything.

Blog Entries
    Con has a brilliant future Con has a brilliant future Con has a brilliant future Con has a brilliant future Con has a brilliant future Con has a brilliant future Con has a brilliant future Con has a brilliant future Con has a brilliant future Con has a brilliant future Con has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by teh lag View Post

..And still more inconsistencies - The Control Room. It's so... different. Where was the sniper tower? The design in general changed alot, most noticably on the interior. WHY make it so different? I get new art style and all, but the entire layout like that? Only the core room itsself was the same, and even then I missed the reflective glass . The level also was really inconsistent - the door you exit on to get to the hogrun was, in h1, the door tot he second canyon. It's these layout things that bug me; they culd have had you go through a blown-open wall or something, and avoid screwing up the Alpha Halo layout continuity. I get how the way you come in would normally be hidden by the waterfall, but why would the ring's layout be so dramatically changed?
    maybe because they learned from their mistakes and updated it to the newest tech? ;p They have the chance to make it the best it can be with all the materials they've been gathering for a ring for a hundred thousand years, in case they ever needed to rebuild one.

The doors on High Charity also bring up some concerns. The style from H2 to H3 changed dramatically, to the point where the h3 ones don't even look very covie-ish. I don't see why you'd up and completely change the style of doors like that. High Charity in general didn't feel like an infested Covenant city until the reactor part/finding Cortana.
    I thought it was very cool that they brought back the H1 covie architectural style, but it doesn't make sense when it takes place in High Charity. They could've stuck the H1-style geometry into the end of Floodgate and expand that level more, then use only H2-style geometry in Cortana; if they did that there would be no problem with architectural inconsistency.

That really bugged me too, but I've been trying to reconcile that with myself, so I see it as a redesigned Installation 04. After 100,000 years, maybe the Ark's manufacturing and design algorithms came up with a slightly modified design (multiple blast doors? why not?). It's not a satisfying explanation, but it lets me sleep at night.

I could also do a whole essay on Gravemind/Cortana and their interaction with the story, but that's for another post.
    Do it. I'd love to see what you have to say on the matter.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information