+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vista Files

Vista Files

How locked-down (or unlocked) are the files going to be with H2V? Are you going to be able to directly access the 3d files to edit in Max?
    cheers,
    breon

Re: Vista Files

I doubt they will give out the source files for all their maps, but if the community for Halo 2 Vista is similar to that of Halo CE, there should be a bsp converter/tag extractor for H2V soon enough.

this is a custom user tit
    Atty has a brilliant future Atty has a brilliant future Atty has a brilliant future Atty has a brilliant future Atty has a brilliant future Atty has a brilliant future Atty has a brilliant future Atty has a brilliant future Atty has a brilliant future Atty has a brilliant future Atty has a brilliant future

They'll be just as locked as they are in any other game that openly supports custom content.

But it doesn't matter, we'll have tools to do whatever is left out soon enough.
    "Conscars" (7:16:35 PM): until I noticed his legs, i thought it was a :conspiracy:

I wish more companies would take a leaf out of Valve's book. I love their open-source attitude about the Source engine and it's respective games.

Who knows?

Well, Nitro does now :P

Perhaps they have reaper, yet I doubt that, didnt bungie make HEK? Bungie arnt making h2v like custom making programs now. Im sure they wont be totally open source there will have to be a 3rd party app that does it.

Prom perhaps, if it ever gets released jeez.

Why would you want to watch your character get shot by a corrupt US General when you can watch him get eviscerated by an eight-foot alien in purple body armour?

Isn't HEK the same tools that Bungie used? Not an adaptation...

the Hek are basically what they used, but nerfed.

I'm sure that they will give us certain files, but not every single multiplayer and mulit player map and everything that goes with them.

Could've Moved Mountains
    Blog Entries
    legionaire45 is on a distinguished road

They cleaned up a few bugs and removed a few things I think.
    !

Quote Originally Posted by legionaire45 View Post
    They cleaned up a few bugs and removed a few things I think.
    Wrong. Pi Studios have basically noob-friendlied the HEK.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper Man View Post
    Wrong. Pi Studios have basically noob-friendlied the HEK.
    We ment halo ce hek.

They did indeed remove parts of it and apparently they did use hek to make maps.

But yeah PI studios are now making a seperate map making thing so lets hope they make it like hek and not just some totally new stuff that we have to figure out all again =\

Why would you want to watch your character get shot by a corrupt US General when you can watch him get eviscerated by an eight-foot alien in purple body armour?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information