+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [WIP] M1A2 Abrams Main Battle Tank

rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute

Re: M1A2 Abrams Main Battle Tank

The M1A2's max. speed in real life is 68km/h, but it guzzles fuel like mad. Then again, it can run off basically anything.

Main weapon is a 120mm smoothbore accurate to about 5km. Ouch.
    Take my hand and I'll show you what was and will be

ExAm has much to be proud of ExAm has much to be proud of ExAm has much to be proud of ExAm has much to be proud of ExAm has much to be proud of ExAm has much to be proud of

I advised him to de-noob the cannon by making it fire APFSDS, so it's good agains other tanks, but not infantry. That's what the coaxial MG is for. No noobing with the HE, I hope. One more reason to add that coax, penguin.

Oh, and Ross, it gets two gallons per mile It also uses jet fuel.

Penguin, please find a nice jet engine sound and mix it with some tread grinding effects. That's what the tank sounds like.
    Last edited by ExAm; January 25th, 2007 at 10:55 AM.

oh don't worry i will : ) every halo sound will be GONE
    pretty much nothing halo will be left.

as for de-noobing, the way it'll work is one driver and one gunner, this way it'll be more difficult to whore the tank and it's more realistic. so if you're just campin the a base with the turret, you're pretty screwed. there's also rpgs, mortar at- :x shh. and other easy ways to counter the tank

ExAm has much to be proud of ExAm has much to be proud of ExAm has much to be proud of ExAm has much to be proud of ExAm has much to be proud of ExAm has much to be proud of

For the sake of gameplay, only override the driver turret controls when a gunner gets in. You can't whore the tank with APFSDS, unless you make the MG really strong.

it's been fine so far, i've had like that for about 6 months now on the old tank. doesn't really effect much and makes it more interesting. we'll see how it goes, if it really makes a difference in big games i'll change it.

Leiukemia is on a distinguished road

Love it.

rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute

2 seats ftw.

Also, RPGs really don't do a whole load to those things...

Oya, the driver and gunner will be awesome. I've been playing the new Project reality mod, and the 2 people thing for tanks is fun.

Yeah, but they hack.

Where were those hit, anyway? Rear, ammo? If the M1's frontal armour can stand up to basically anything your average ground force can throw at it, I guess it wouldn't be a frontal impact...

That's weird. It doesn't really look like it got shot by something. It looks like somebody flamethrowered it, and it just got delapitated (probably spelled that wrong)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information