+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My bsp is inside out

My bsp is inside out

Heh, it seems like whatever I post here is always some weird glitch with my level.

It's an interior area, but it has window frames sealed with +sky (it's just a test area). There are no two-sided faces, and switching the direction of the normals back and forth in 3ds max seems to have no effect. Otherwise there are no errors- it works just the way you'd expect if I had designed it to be inside out. Backface Cull is turned on in 3ds, although that shouldn't affect it anyway. I dunno what the deal is. Anyone have any thoughts?

-Rob

mR_r0b0to is on a distinguished road

Re: My bsp is inside out

uh, face select, ctrl+a, flip?

An Emu is on a distinguished road

can you post a picture of your map in max

Stormwing is on a distinguished road

why don't you just flip everything max before you export it?

I don't know why this happens, I don't know the right fix for it, but that's what I did when it happened to me. And it ended up working out perfectly fine.
    hurf durf

Ouch. That happened to me in one of my maps, but only part of it was inside-out, so flipping gave me open-edge errors. Try detaching a small part and then try to export that.

Hmmm. I deleted all the data and tags associated with the level (it's a test level for textures and geometry- no loss) and had it make a new scenario when it built the bsp, and it's still inside out, so it has something to do with the .max file. And I already tried flipping and unflipping everything, and i got the same result. And I've tried rearranging things and flipping normals, and I still get an inside out level with the rearranged geometry.

-Rob
    Last edited by Rob Oplawar; January 30th, 2007 at 05:25 PM. Reason: missspelins =P

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ is on a distinguished road

Try getting someone else to compile/export.

TheGhost has a reputation beyond repute TheGhost has a reputation beyond repute TheGhost has a reputation beyond repute TheGhost has a reputation beyond repute TheGhost has a reputation beyond repute TheGhost has a reputation beyond repute TheGhost has a reputation beyond repute TheGhost has a reputation beyond repute TheGhost has a reputation beyond repute TheGhost has a reputation beyond repute TheGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I was going to say, export it as a .3ds or some other type of model and ask someone else to import it and try to compile it.

I flipped the normals again and compiled the level from scratch, and this time it worked. Still, it's pretty strange that it structures this particular level with all the normals opposite what they are in max. I'd still like to know what the cause is...

-Rob

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information