+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Internet Connection Speeds

Hybrid View

Internet Connection Speeds

Okay, I was going to bump an old topic but people would probably complain.

Firstly, reason I dont have a picture from speedtest.net is because with the upload speed, it just keeps uploading. It wont stop and give me a test result. If some one can post another testing thingy, it might work through the firewall settings I have.

I swear to you this is 100% real.

Why would you want to watch your character get shot by a corrupt US General when you can watch him get eviscerated by an eight-foot alien in purple body armour?

Posts, posts EVERYWHERE! Warsaw's Avatar
    Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Internet Connection Speeds

I call shenanigans!

TeeKup: I don't much care for men crawling in the mud
    TeeKup: id rather them be crawling in my bed

I have around 15 down, and random up

My download is supposed to be like 8,000, but I can never go higher than 800kb's.

"Judging from the two incredibly retarded posts above mine, I can tell that this comment thread is approaching a dumbass singularity. Everyone, abandon ship while there’s still time." -some dude

With my connection I'm glad it even loaded the flash....

Also, that's KiloBITS.../8 = 6310,75 KiloBYTES or ~6 MegaBYTES for down and
    up...4654,375 KiloBYTES or ~5 MegaBYTES.

Just to clear things up...we don't want to see a 50MB download do we :P
    Last edited by CrAsHOvErRide; February 11th, 2008 at 09:53 AM.

True, its still 50MBit down though. Most I've got is 5.5megabyte a second down load. Love it, sadly next year I'll be stuck on crappy adsl

Why would you want to watch your character get shot by a corrupt US General when you can watch him get eviscerated by an eight-foot alien in purple body armour?

with just about any internet connections you only get about 10% of the internet you payd for when downloading.
    sometimes you get lucky and get more depending on who's downloading that file around the world and how close it is to you, but the average is 10%

i've never ever heard of a person with 8mb down internet actually receiving 8mb down.
    found some old assets of mine from 8 years ago lmao

My schools internet has better speed then my house (as long as no one is downloading a lot of shit). I'll post a home one when I get there.

POS Rogers. I feel so jipped. My school has fast internet though. I downloaded the crysis demo there @ an unbelievable 20MB/s.

I remember I had a weird but like that with Speakeasy's test. I usually have 2.8kbps down but it showed that i had around 23000 kbps...WTF? Then I ran it again, and it was normal.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information