+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "GTFO lagger, you're making the server lag!"

Syuusuke has a brilliant future Syuusuke has a brilliant future Syuusuke has a brilliant future Syuusuke has a brilliant future Syuusuke has a brilliant future Syuusuke has a brilliant future Syuusuke has a brilliant future Syuusuke has a brilliant future Syuusuke has a brilliant future Syuusuke has a brilliant future Syuusuke has a brilliant future

"GTFO lagger, you're making the server lag!"

A true story...

Once a upon a time, in Yoyorast Island, Diesel's III server, some guy was telling some other guy to leave because he was lagging the server up.

I tell him, "A person lagging does not lag the server up, rather it only lags himself up."

He tells me that players with ping of >200 lags the server up...then continues to tell me that I have no knowledge of Halo...great. Then I continue to ask if he sees players warping, because if so, then that client must be downloading some pr0n. He tells me no one is warping and again say that I know nothing of Halo. Of course I don't.

My question is this: If a player is lagging, does it lag the server up, besides the warping.

j͆ͪ͟c̓̊͜a̎ͨ̈́ͧṗ̵ ̏ͭ̃sͪ̊͊̒͌̒̏t͗͗ͩͮo̧̊̒̎̽̇̌̋ṗ̸ͪ͑ͩ̐ InnerGoat's Avatar
    InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute

Re: "GTFO lagger, you're making the server lag!"

Uh, yes. only that player would warp though.. at least for me.

When there's a laggy guy in the server for me it usually only lags me if I'm in the lagger's immediate vicinity

DaneO'Roo has a reputation beyond repute DaneO'Roo has a reputation beyond repute DaneO'Roo has a reputation beyond repute DaneO'Roo has a reputation beyond repute DaneO'Roo has a reputation beyond repute DaneO'Roo has a reputation beyond repute DaneO'Roo has a reputation beyond repute DaneO'Roo has a reputation beyond repute DaneO'Roo has a reputation beyond repute DaneO'Roo has a reputation beyond repute DaneO'Roo has a reputation beyond repute

Not true.

it's not believe me I fucking know. I may warp to you, but my whole screen warps, to the point where I don't know where I am. But I'm not lagging the server. Only myself.

mech has a reputation beyond repute mech has a reputation beyond repute mech has a reputation beyond repute mech has a reputation beyond repute mech has a reputation beyond repute mech has a reputation beyond repute mech has a reputation beyond repute mech has a reputation beyond repute mech has a reputation beyond repute mech has a reputation beyond repute mech has a reputation beyond repute

Err it lags the server...

Because I use to crash servers by spiking my ping up with some friends, yea we were assholes that thought it was funny.

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ is on a distinguished road

Yeah, with Halo's netcode, it doesn't effect only the client (like in Halo 2).

Syuusuke has a brilliant future Syuusuke has a brilliant future Syuusuke has a brilliant future Syuusuke has a brilliant future Syuusuke has a brilliant future Syuusuke has a brilliant future Syuusuke has a brilliant future Syuusuke has a brilliant future Syuusuke has a brilliant future Syuusuke has a brilliant future Syuusuke has a brilliant future

My old dial up ping was 200-400 =S

It sort of doesn't make sense, but then again if you apply some logic it does make sense...oh well

Limited has much to be proud of Limited has much to be proud of Limited has much to be proud of Limited has much to be proud of Limited has much to be proud of Limited has much to be proud of Limited has much to be proud of

I was owning in one of the only european servers (its bg 24/7) some dude came in, I owned him he was like "YEAH well i have 169 ping and you have 69 ping".

The one time I dont have high ping and others do people say i own because of pings. All the time when I was the lagger I said about pings, they just say "yeah watever"

Pings do effect everyone, because say I have 70 ping, some dude has 800 ping.

Hes lagging around like a mofo and hes missing me because hes lagging at his pc, I cant hit him well because hes jumping around due to lag so it appears in once place then suddenly a different place.

Thus warping, but the guy at Diesel's said that he wasn't warping, I think he just looked at this ping and said "GTFO" and he was probably experiencing lag of his own, and so was I.

Zeph has a reputation beyond repute Zeph has a reputation beyond repute Zeph has a reputation beyond repute Zeph has a reputation beyond repute Zeph has a reputation beyond repute Zeph has a reputation beyond repute Zeph has a reputation beyond repute Zeph has a reputation beyond repute Zeph has a reputation beyond repute Zeph has a reputation beyond repute Zeph has a reputation beyond repute

It only lags the server in a sense that the motion prediction will become messed up.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information