+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alien: Isolation

PopeAK49 has a reputation beyond repute PopeAK49 has a reputation beyond repute PopeAK49 has a reputation beyond repute PopeAK49 has a reputation beyond repute PopeAK49 has a reputation beyond repute PopeAK49 has a reputation beyond repute PopeAK49 has a reputation beyond repute PopeAK49 has a reputation beyond repute PopeAK49 has a reputation beyond repute PopeAK49 has a reputation beyond repute PopeAK49 has a reputation beyond repute

Alien: Isolation

Yes, we all know that Aliens Colonial Marines is the biggest peice of dog shit known to man, but this looks incredible. I'm a sucker for survival horror, and the creators seemed to have implemented well in this game. The fact that you play as Ripley instead of a marine makes this game even more intriguing. It seems that you barely get any weapons, which is good. It looks like a scifi version of Amnesia/Outlast.

I'm a huge fan of the Alien series, so if they pull this off, I will jizz in my pants until I die. This is how games based off the alien series should be made.

Also, it seems to be based heavily on the first movie. Which is awesome because the first movie was more horror based, while the second was action packed.

-Trailer-
    This video is unable to be displayed because the YouTube video tags were used incorrectly. Please review proper use of the tags here.

-Demo Review-
    This video is unable to be displayed because the YouTube video tags were used incorrectly. Please review proper use of the tags here.

Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Alien: Isolation

Holy fuck, that looks pretty good. I'm still waiting for Routine though, that game looks pretty awesome as well. I was never much of a horror fan until I played Amnesia, and then I finally found what I was missing with games - tension. Games like these I find are the only ones that can truly "perfect" that sense through a game and immerse yourself so well by building up the fear.
    "I don't know wtf I'm doing. Zbrush UI is like looking into the matrix."
    Lumoria - Youtube - Portfolio

Posts, posts EVERYWHERE! Warsaw's Avatar
    Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute

Have you played S.T.A.L.K.E.R. or Metro 2033 on their hardest difficulty settings with all of the assists turned off? There's tension. Going out at night in the former game is always stressful because you can't see, because you have no idea what you might run into, because you can only carry so many supplies, and because the weather might turn lethal at a moment's notice. And it's drop-dead gorgeous during a thunderstorm. I try to do my work during the day, but the adventure of going at night is what really makes the game worth playing.

PopeAK49 has a reputation beyond repute PopeAK49 has a reputation beyond repute PopeAK49 has a reputation beyond repute PopeAK49 has a reputation beyond repute PopeAK49 has a reputation beyond repute PopeAK49 has a reputation beyond repute PopeAK49 has a reputation beyond repute PopeAK49 has a reputation beyond repute PopeAK49 has a reputation beyond repute PopeAK49 has a reputation beyond repute PopeAK49 has a reputation beyond repute

I have Metro 2033, need to play it again. I only played the first 30 minutes, which was a year ago.

Posts, posts EVERYWHERE! Warsaw's Avatar
    Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute

Mmm, play it on Ranger Hardcore with any remaining assists turned off. It'll get your pulse going. I find that immersion and the quality of my reaction to that immersion goes up as the abstraction of the mechanics goes down. That is to say, the less gamey the game is, the better the experience. Horror tends to work well because there isn't a whole lot to them apart from running around and occasionally hitting a button. In something like a shooter, they have to abstract real life shooting mechanics by putting a bullet counter somewhere, hit markers, cross-hairs, that sort of thing. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Metro 2033 do well because they give you the option to play without these sorts of abstractions, so you have to pay attention to dust that gets kicked up on a hit, use the iron sights no matter how much they may obscure the target, count your own bullets, etc.

Rosco has much to be proud of Rosco has much to be proud of Rosco has much to be proud of Rosco has much to be proud of Rosco has much to be proud of Rosco has much to be proud of Rosco has much to be proud of Rosco has much to be proud of Rosco has much to be proud of Rosco has much to be proud of Rosco has much to be proud of

Will be first to say this would be quite an experience through oculus rift or any other vr gear.. can imagine the level of immersion would easily be enough to warrant shock screams!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodzilla View Post
    and i'm a nice guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
    no you're not.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information