+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A rounded Ammo meter?

not my real name damn-it! kenney001's Avatar
    kenney001 is on a distinguished road

A rounded Ammo meter?

I have an ammo meter, and when i added an alpha, it made it almost completely transparent except for a few spots at the end. The alpha contains solid white, and solid black. Any ideas?
    Last edited by kenney001; August 1st, 2007 at 12:16 PM.

Re: A rounded Ammo meter?

Are you compiling your texture correctly?

Last edited by kenney001; August 1st, 2007 at 12:48 PM.

Lightning has a reputation beyond repute Lightning has a reputation beyond repute Lightning has a reputation beyond repute Lightning has a reputation beyond repute Lightning has a reputation beyond repute Lightning has a reputation beyond repute Lightning has a reputation beyond repute Lightning has a reputation beyond repute Lightning has a reputation beyond repute Lightning has a reputation beyond repute Lightning has a reputation beyond repute

Use Interpolated Alpha or 32 bit.

Explicit is only solid white or black.

Back for the Russian Halo p0lar_bear's Avatar
    p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future

You should have copied the settings from the plasma pistol.

The bitmap is like what you have; 2D texture, uses explicit alpha.

Also, are your function exports and meter shader correct? Make sure the value source matches whatever function is linked to magazine ammo.
    Last edited by p0lar_bear; August 1st, 2007 at 04:29 PM.
    "Halo 1 didn't have proper mustache code and that's why the new mustache seems overpowered."
    -ejburke, Nov. 2011
    Tumbler Dot Com

it works perfectly fine if i have no alpha, which means its not a meter setting. I just want to round off the meters, not have the solid blocks. They did this with the plasma rifle, and that is what i was looking at.

I am having no trouble with getting it to count down or anything, im having problems with it showing up right after i add the alpha mask.

Also, if i use a super-high FOV (as shown above) it shows up, and counts down like it should, its just not appearing very well in the standard FOv range, and it is missing triangles.

p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future

Hmm. Interesting.

Try pulling the plane that has the meter on it away from the magazine a bit?

Random thought, it looks like a mipmapping issue though. :?
    "Halo 1 didn't have proper mustache code and that's why the new mustache seems overpowered."
    -ejburke, Nov. 2011
    Tumbler Dot Com

mipmapping? Hmmmm......whats that?

Masterz1337 will become famous soon enough

Get on AIM kenny, I'lll show ya what he means.

Mipmapping is the automatic downsizing of a bitmap when you import it into a bitmap tag. It helps the rendering engine in that it uses those lower resolution bitmaps on the faraway item to save rendering time. The drawback is that it increases the size of your bitmaps.

Anyway, I'm thinking that it's a mipmapping problem, since it renders fine when you move it far away, but when it's close, nothing happens. Can you test it out further, by perhaps moving your FP arms with Yelo Battery?
    -ejburke, Nov. 2011
    Tumbler Dot Com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information