Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: [UNSUPPORTED] XP install using WoW

Mr Buckshot is on a distinguished road

Re: XP install using WoW

A game that supports but doesn't actually require DirectX9 will run on your video card. For example, Far Cry will look better in DirectX 9 but it doesn't NEED it to run, hence it will run on your video card.

I think you have confused the DirectX9 DRIVER with the hardware portion aka Shader Model 2.0. If you don't have at least a Shader Model 2.0 card (The Radeon 9000 is limited to Shader 1.4) downloading the DirectX 9 driver will be useless for the most part, except for improving compatibility (yet such programs are not 3D intensive). It's complicated.

For example, my video card is a DirectX 9c (shader model 3.0). I can download the DirectX 10 driver, but it will do nothing other than occupy hard drive space unless I actually have a DirectX 10 shader model 4.0 video card.

Halo 2 MUST have at least Direct X 9 (that is, shader model 2.0) to even run. I know it's ridiculous considering that it doesn't even take full advantage of the shader, but that's how it is.

Try whatever you want. Even if you install Vista, you won't be running Halo 2 PC.

The reason why you can run the H2X modding program is because H2Xbox is coded for a DirectX8.0 (shader 1.1) card (the xbox's video card is similar to a Geforce 4 Ti) and therefore viewing/modding H2X content on your laptop is no problem.

Trust me, a number of users here own Radeon 9250s, which are better than the Radeon 9000, and yet they can't run H2V or any of the fancy visual stuff in Vista (that means that the Aero Glass and all that won't work if Vista is installed with such cards).
    Last edited by Mr Buckshot; September 4th, 2007 at 05:08 PM.
    mini ITX build: core i5 2320, 8 GB RAM, Geforce GTX560 Ti

What? Are you DENSE? Are you RETARDED or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn BATMAN.

I understand.I did buy and install Vista Home Premeum so... i feel stupid tht i installed it for no reason but i kinda like it but not really.Entity th modding program uses Diretx 9 not the same as the xboxes the developers used the Diretx9 foundation to build it.Anyway there is retty much no hope for me right?

El Durado :/
    supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of

Same happened to me. Stupid Intel chips. It had all the requirements as the minimum graphics card for NVidia but no because its Intel it didn't work.

If it's Intel, it doesn't work. While the newest Intel chips technically support DX9 (the GMA X3000 even has hardware T&L) their GPUs are not supported by most games, hence Intel actually needs a compatibility list of games (the GMA 950 even incorrectly displays some shader surfaces in Halo 1).

Yeah, supermodder, you're out of luck unless you grab a whole new computer (you can build a decent desktop that will run H2V very well for $550, including a monitor).

edit: if you prefer laptops, Newegg has a $800 laptop with a Geforce Go 7600 graphics card in it.
    Last edited by Mr Buckshot; September 4th, 2007 at 10:06 PM.

What? Are you DENSE? Are you RETARDED or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn BATMAN.

Lightbulb Re: XP install using WoW

I probably will sooner or later but not any tim soon beings how i just got this laptop.But is there atleast anyway to enable windows aero?please help me get it if not im going to remove vista.

You need at least shader model 2.0, sorry. You might be able to force Aero to run, but the performance will not be pretty at all. Even the Intel GMA 950, which claims to be able to handle Aero, will cause lag if more than a few windows are open at once.

how do i force it ill give it a try if it dosnt work too good i ll take it off.

Closed Thread

Thread Information